Adrian Autry Appreciation Thread | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry Appreciation Thread

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
As I stated in the main post once the news broke, I think Autry is a good choice for a few reasons.

1.) He’ll hit the transfer portal, hard and get some decent guys for the roster.
2.) He’s able to form great relationships with the players in a way that JB was no longer able to (or didn’t care to in the first place.)
3.) He’s got strong recruiting ties to the DMV area.
4.) He understands the program and what is needed to get back to relevance.

Good hire. We needed to move quickly on this. Congratulations Coach Autry. I’m back on board with Cuse men’s basketball!

I will be honest and say red wasn’t my first pick and that’s no slight to him!! Now, that being said I am fully back in to cuse bball. I am fully on board with going inside the family first and seeing how it plays out.

What I do know, is that we won’t be negatively recruited against nearly as much. We have a coach who will have an ability to get on the same level with recruits (boeheim did connect in more of a grandfatherly role). And coach red has the natural energy of the page being turned, and if he can capitalize on that fresh new energy he may be able to snag some huge transfers and get us to being a top 6 ACC team. A lot of “ifs” but I know this community is going to support red like crazy. I’m sure weitsman loves red.

Watch out, new energy has been injected into this program, and we may be surprised what that means for us. I’m all in on autry, we all have to be! And I can’t wait to see what he does this off season to make us fun again. I for one, know I’ll be in attendance for game 1 and I think a lot of others will be too. I CANT WAIT LGO

'Adrian Autry Hope Thread'

You appreciate people for things they have done, as was done for Boeheim.

Red, we hope he is the right choice. I do not know enough to know.

I hope 'Red' can
  • Guide desired outcomes from this new NIL landscape
  • Inspire the Weitsmans of the Syracuse community to invest in NIL
  • Hit the transfer portal hard, for Baylor type players
  • Recruit HS players better than the competition (we will know when we see who he recruits without JB as a backstop)
  • Innovate on offense and defense, and play the right system relative to his talent and the opponents weaknesses
  • Coach players up
  • Hire well, build a coaching tree
  • Engage / entertain the community, inspire people to come out to games
  • Win: regular visits to the sweet 16 is my yard stick for success
We will see.

'Adrian Autry Hope Thread'

You appreciate people for things they have done, as was done for Boeheim.

Red, we hope he is the right choice. I do not know enough to know.

I hope 'Red' can
  • Guide desired outcomes from this new NIL landscape
  • Inspire the Weitsmans of the Syracuse community to invest in NIL
  • Hit the transfer portal hard, for Baylor type players
  • Recruit HS players better than the competition (we will know when we see who he recruits without JB as a backstop)
  • Innovate on offense and defense, and play the right system relative to his talent and the opponents weaknesses
  • Coach players up
  • Hire well, build a coaching tree
  • Engage / entertain the community, inspire people to come out to games
  • Win: regular visits to the sweet 16 is my yard stick for success
We will see.

Do we get to appreciate Boeheim for:

1.) Stubbornly refusing to step down, even though it was in the best interests of the health of the PROGRAM that he do so?
2.) Act like a jerk to much of the local media (student and professional)
3.) Cast a blind eye towards recruiting.
4.) Drag this program through the mud for much of the last decade.

Get with the change, man. Give Red some props. I’m excited to see what he can do.

Nice to see loyalty rewarded. I’m excited for the future, and that hasn’t happened for years.

I might even buy season tickets for next year. Maybe enough people that are “JB first” will give theirs up and I can get a good deal.

Do we get to appreciate Boeheim for:

1.) Stubbornly refusing to step down, even though it was in the best interests of the health of the PROGRAM that he do so?
2.) Act like a jerk to much of the local media (student and professional)
3.) Cast a blind eye towards recruiting.
4.) Drag this program through the mud for much of the last decade.

Get with the change, man. Give Red some props. I’m excited to see what he can do.
As a HC, he has not done anything yet, so there is not much to appreciate. We can hope, but there is nothing to appreciate yet.

I hope he is wildly successful. I even re-watched his 94 sweet 16 31 point second half performance last night.

I might even buy season tickets for next year. Maybe enough people that are “JB first” will give theirs up and I can get a good deal.
I don't think there's that many of them.

An internal hire also shows future rising star assistant coaches/recruiters that there may be a built in light at the end of the ACC/NY/NBA relavant/mega fanbase SU tunnel

If UW fire Hopkins, I wonder if Red would bring him back as lead assistant? I'd personally love to see that happen. I feel like Red and Hop working together would be a very formidable recruiting pair.

I hope we’ll all quickly see that Red is his own man and will go his own way while also taking the best of what he learned from JB. I think he’ll commit to playing man to man D and trying to play with more tempo and lean into analytics. I think he’ll also want to recruit more physical and athletic players, less of these lanky twigs. I do believe we’ll see an uptick in recruiting and talent acquisition right away. We’ll see how it all shakes out. Best of luck to Coach Red.

If UW fire Hopkins, I wonder if Red would bring him back as lead assistant? I'd personally love to see that happen. I feel like Red and Hop working together would be a very formidable recruiting pair.
I think that'd be a bad idea. Hop should take time off if he wants to, and then go get a HC gig on the west coast at a mid major. And it wouldn't be fair to Red to have the first "heir apparent" at his side. Awkward and unnecessary. There's lots of strong recruiters he can hire.

All the positives from above. His only negative is not actually being a hc before. I'd love to see what he could do with the guys on the roster. The last 2 games showed promise talent wise.

Does anyone have some highlights they can post? He was way before my time but I read the article OrangeDW posted and got fired up last night.

679BDD3D-AA0A-41F5-AF8D-931C18E495FB.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom