Advance Digital Sucks | Syracusefan.com

Advance Digital Sucks

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Everyday I go to hundreds of web sites digging up items of interest for the Syracuse University sports community.

There is one site which consistently interrupts the flow of my work here and that is any of the Advance Digital sites such as syracuse.com, MLive.com, AL.com, cleveland.com, gulflive, lehighvalleylive.com, MassLive.com, NJ.com, NOLA.com, OregonLive.com, PennLive, SILive.com, MardiGras.com

In this world of tech geniuses is there one who could offer a better product to these media outlets?

Typical problems that I incur are screen freezes which can last up to one, two, three minutes or longer to the point that I have to do a restart. It doesn't matter which platform I use, FireFox, IE, Google Chrome etc.

It will also shut down any audio or video that I'm playing.

Many times work is lost as their site will shutdown things you may have open.

With the Post Standard home delivery soon to be scaled down, I can only imagine how much slower the syracuse.com site will run.

End of rant.

Everyday I go to hundreds of web sites digging up items of interest for the Syracuse University sports community.

There is one site which consistently interrupts the flow of my work here and that is any of the Advance Digital sites such as syracuse.com, MLive.com, AL.com, cleveland.com, gulflive, lehighvalleylive.com, MassLive.com, NJ.com, NOLA.com, OregonLive.com, PennLive, SILive.com, MardiGras.com

In this world of tech geniuses is there one who could offer a better product to these media outlets?

Typical problems that I incur are screen freezes which can last up to one, two, three minutes or longer to the point that I have to do a restart. It doesn't matter which platform I use, FireFox, IE, Google Chrome etc.

It will also shut down any audio or video that I'm playing.

Many times work is lost as their site will shutdown things you may have open.

With the Post Standard home delivery soon to be scaled down, I can only imagine how much slower the syracuse.com site will run.

End of rant.

Which is another reason why your daily news roundup rocks. Really appreciate the filtering and insights, OE.

What's those acc websites messageboards Texanmark posted few weeks back

Which is another reason why your daily news roundup rocks. Really appreciate the filtering and insights, OE.
There are many other interesting news items out there which only person specific searches will uncover. Wish there were two or three of me as some great information is left waiting everyday.

Orangeyes, what do you use for your virus protection because whatever it is has to be incredible.

Orangeyes, what do you use for your virus protection because whatever it is has to be incredible.
McAfee as provided by Time Warner. I also run Ad-Adware and House Call from time to time.

I wish my year and a half old computer ran faster like, bam, bam, bam. Mine goes bam.........bam.......bambity.....bam.

Anyone out there have Fios? How do the speeds compare, mind you I have Turbo.

I'm by far no computer guru but if your computer is slowing down like that, wouldn't it be that you have too many cookies or the like along with sites not being that quick like the one that runs syracuse.com? It just seems to me that each time you go to a site you may be getting the crud that they add on to that site as well. I probably sound like a novice and as I wrote, I don't know that much about this stuff and I'm sure your house call and ad-adware get rid of these problems I mentioned.

To answer your question I have TW as well so I can't help you. Thanks for answering mine.

First, big thumbs up for OE, who saves us all a ton of time and effort each day with his relentless attack on Google for SU related items.

Second, Fios is much faster than Turbo Time Warner. If you can get it in your area for a similar price, and can live without the coaches show and some of the other TW specific content, and you care about your Internet speed/quality of your TV, you should probably go for it.

McAfee as provided by Time Warner. I also run Ad-Adware and House Call from time to time.

I wish my year and a half old computer ran faster like, bam, bam, bam. Mine goes bam.........bam.......bambity.....bam.

Anyone out there have Fios? How do the speeds compare, mind you I have Turbo.

Get rid of McAfee. Talk to Tee1222 on this board. He told me to download Malawarebytes and another antivirus and dump McAfee. I did and holy crap is my computer faster than ever.

Get rid of McAfee. Talk to Tee1222 on this board. He told me to download Malawarebytes and another antivirus and dump McAfee. I did and holy crap is my computer faster than ever.
Are you saying Advance Digital sites run smoothly for you?

I have Malwarebytes on my machine as well. Just a little confused if that will run all the time and check for viruses or only when I run a system scan. McAfee runs all the time just like it's creator.

I have Malwarebytes on my machine as well. Just a little confused if that will run all the time and check for viruses or only when I run a system scan. McAfee runs all the time just like it's creator.

I dont do what you do on these sites so I cant comment on that. I would talk to Tee1222. He hooked me up and really had some great advice.

I would really like to know , how many hours a week you put in workng on this board . You are the Bomb OE! Try Kaspersky anti virus . Thats the best I ever found . Again thanks from us out of towners .