Advice for single board members | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Advice for single board members

pacusewife didn't like sports before me
Now she wants to go to every Cuse game, tailgate, and even makes mini banners for everyone each year
(seems I did something right ;) )

I also want to move closer and have season tickets for football, basketball, and lacrosse. But brrrr

So where do you find these types of women? Statistically speaking, they're pretty rare and it's not like spotting a toupee.
The south. The minimum you typically see is agnostic acceptance. The height is rapid fandom. There aren’t many here (at least from here) that resent the practice of being a huge fan, which is really the threshold you want to avoid.

I got divorced about 3 months ago. Not sure football college affiliation will be high on the list when I start looking again. lol
It’s usually good to have some common interests, especially when some of your interests take up significant chunks of time. If your next partner likes sports and is not an SU hater (e.g. Georgetown) then that might be helpful...

Good luck!

pacusewife didn't like sports before me
Now she wants to go to every Cuse game, tailgate, and even makes mini banners for everyone each year
(seems I did something right ;) )
Well done sir. I had a similar lottery win. My lady was already a diehard SU hoops fan but cared for football about as much as I care for a special screening of the Notebook.

What she did enjoy was doing things with me so she started going to watch NFL games with me on Sunday, and I added her to my season ticket allotment. 10 years later and that woman looks mighty fine in a form fitting Calvin Johnson Jersey and other than her obsession with Rex's dad, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have next to me at the Dome.

Turns out she liked football once she understood what was really going on and it didn't look like Rugby to her anymore. I guess you could say the game slowed down for her after a couple of years.

My advice is beggars can’t be choosers

Kinda funny how we have this thread and then the PSU thread...waiting for the crossover..

My wife doesn't understand FB and doesn't like the 8-10 hours Football Game day takes.

She will join me for basketball as it is quicker and she understands the game

We met at Oswego St. but she isn't really a fan of any sports teams. She tolerates SU but likes West Point alot and USAFA too but not as much (our boys went there)

Well done sir. I had a similar lottery win. My lady was already a diehard SU hoops fan but cared for football about as much as I care for a special screening of the Notebook.

What she did enjoy was doing things with me so she started going to watch NFL games with me on Sunday, and I added her to my season ticket allotment. 10 years later and that woman looks mighty fine in a form fitting Calvin Johnson Jersey and other than her obsession with Rex's dad, I can't think of anyone I'd rather have next to me at the Dome.

Turns out she liked football once she understood what was really going on and it didn't look like Rugby to her anymore. I guess you could say the game slowed down for her after a couple of years.
Don't move to Tampa Bay, Rex's Dad is on about every 5th billboard down here.

I married a syracuse girl as well. Shes the worst and my recruitment is open for a secondary school and new woman.