AFC and NFC title game picks | Syracusefan.com

AFC and NFC title game picks

Alsacs

Living Legend
Honestly, I can't believe the Patriots are playing in their 8th AFC title in the last 13 years under Bill Belichick and Tom Brady. This team is easily their least talented team since 2002 and they have still made the AFC title game due to depth that Belichick has created on the roster. Denver has the best unit on the field as their offense is the best in the history of the NFL. However, I think the Pats D can matchup with them somewhat with Aqib Talib on Demarius Thomas, Kyle Arrington on Wes Welker, Alfonso Denard on Eric Decker, Jaime Collins on Julius Thomas. Denver will score points and move the ball, but I think the Pats offense will take advantage of no Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr. and unlike San Diego will use play action with the run and will score an upset win in Brady-Manning XV. Think about that these two QBs have played 15 times and only the first 2 were as division rivals. In 2002, the NFL moved to 32 teams and they still will have played 13 times as non-divisional rivals.

Pick: New England 28 Denver 24

NFC, its all about homefield. Seattle's crowd will hurt San Fran's offense. Kaepernick won't run on the Seattle D and Sherman is physically enough for Boldin. Seattle will be able to run on San Fran as they have the lease 2 games in Seattle I like Seattle big.

Pick: Seattle 31 San Francisco 13

It literally couldn't be better weather for a city that gets winter, with a forecast of 63 and sunny today here in the Mile High! Manning will make use of his swiss army knife of weapons. The Pats will let Denver run, and run we will as well as pass. Moreno rushed for over 200 yards last time. While I don't think he'll get that, he will be effective enough to let Manning pass. Denver run D is 8th in the league and stopped the Chargers from running, which they ran all the way into the playoffs and passed very little. We will miss Chris Harris, but we've played without Von for the majority of the season and have looked good in his absence.
Honestly can't wait to watch the game plan unfold and the strategies involved. And lastly I will be there doing my part to make the home field advantage a real advantage! On the way out to tailgate..
GO BRONCOS!!! 34-28

SF 21 Seattle 17

Well this should be an awesome Super Bowl. The two best teams finally made it.

Shameless brag: It wasn't exactly going out on a limb granted, but I happened to pick the exact Final 4 & a Denver over Seattle SB in my preseason office pool. I really just picked Denver figuring they'd have a better chance to make it than either NFC West team who had to deal with the other - a tad surprised to see Denver open as a small favorite.

Man, listening to SF fans complain about the refs after last week is hilarious. Eerily similar to Michigan fans during/after the L'ville game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom