African American museum in DC | Syracusefan.com

African American museum in DC

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
So finally got to check it out yesterday. Pretty interesting architecture. Kinda a let down to me personally, just thought it could’ve been done differently idk. The emmett till area is depressing as phck. All in all it’s pretty cool and worth to check out as it’s a newer memorial in DC.
Met some interesting characters “protesting” outside the whitehouse... yeesh. I thought I was anti trump... these people make us look like amateur hour
D6E91C71-D396-4EFC-AEDE-78C21C1E807D.jpeg

Last time I was in DC, the scaffolding was still up, but it was a very interesting building. It is almost reptilian with scales from what I remember
images
o9ln6h4biie6hfj7.jpg

Last time I was in DC, the scaffolding was still up, but it was a very interesting building. It is almost reptilian with scales from what I remember
images
o9ln6h4biie6hfj7.jpg
It’s pretty impressive architectural
The tour is just lack of thought imho. It’s legit just time stamped
I’m no art director but it would be more interesting juxtaposed with modern artists or whatever like it would hit more home befor 2/3 of the people leave before getting to the final floor

So finally got to check it out yesterday. Pretty interesting architecture. Kinda a let down to me personally, just thought it could’ve been done differently idk. The emmett till area is depressing as phck. All in all it’s pretty cool and worth to check out as it’s a newer memorial in DC.
Met some interesting characters “protesting” outside the whitehouse... yeesh. I thought I was anti trump... these people make us look like amateur hour
View attachment 148949
Take the red pill Neo.

It’s pretty impressive architectural
The tour is just lack of thought imho. It’s legit just time stamped
I’m no art director but it would be more interesting juxtaposed with modern artists or whatever like it would hit more home befor 2/3 of the people leave before getting to the final floor

I thought it was pretty cool personally. First floor was basically built to make you feel confined and dark like the slave ships and then you eventually get to the modern times where it's just kinda chaotic. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a pair of the Day-Of tickets to take my mother there when she comes to visit in April.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom