After 4 games, who is our star? | Syracusefan.com

After 4 games, who is our star?

Orangemen

All Conference
Coming into the year, KJ was the guy with all the Wooden Award and AA potential buzz, but after watching 4 games, based strictly on what you've seen on the court, who would you say is our 'star' player?

IMO, KJ has looked very good, but I would have to say Dion is our star right now.

The guy has no problems taking over at points, and he has shot very well, and made great passes when they were there.

4 games ago, I never thought I would say Dion could be our star player, but at this point, it's hard to argue against it.

whoever is hot on any given night.
I agree ... what we see now we may not see later against tougher competition. It will be whoever comes to the office with a full lunch bucket (whatever the hell that means :crazy:) Eventually some one will emerge and I think that willbe KJo.

KJo as the season progresses. He will likely get the most minutes game in and game out.

I agree! Dion is the only guy IMO who can take over a game and be a threat in any situation. Kris is good but doesn't have the quickness/finishing skills to break you down and get to the basket if he needs to.

Joseph will likely lead the team statistically as the season goes on, but I don't know how far that goes in terms of star power. Our strength is in our numbers. We have a lot of guys we can beat you with so wherever the other team's weak link is on defense, that's what we will probably exploit. I don't think there will be a clear-cut game plan to shut us down and if we shoot well and limit turnovers, we can beat anybody including the teams with "stars."

Our star is our bench... and whoever on that bench can bring it in a given night. But I know you are looking for an individual. Tough call between KJo and Dion. Pick your poison... we kind of have two "semi" stars and a few more "quasi" stars.

Too early to tell first off, but if anyone has showed star power it would only be Dion and KJo. Dion has really looked solid so far on BOTH ends of the court.

Coming into the year, KJ was the guy with all the Wooden Award and AA potential buzz, but after watching 4 games, based strictly on what you've seen on the court, who would you say is our 'star' player?

IMO, KJ has looked very good, but I would have to say Dion is our star right now.

The guy has no problems taking over at points, and he has shot very well, and made great passes when they were there.

4 games ago, I never thought I would say Dion could be our star player, but at this point, it's hard to argue against it.
We've played 2 games. I'm going to wait to Big East season until I make any assessments. Way too small of a sample size.

Joseph is option 1 by default until we've seen more games and better competition. Not sure yet if he's a "star" though. The potential lack of this type of player is what I think is the team's biggest question mark.

Confidence Confidence Confidence.

KJO, Dion, James, Melo I think.

The rest efficiency before greenlight. Thats the way it is.

I think Southerland could have put up atleast 23 had we kept running plays for him. He had 14 at halftime.

havent seen a star yet...best all around is KJ....Waiters is getting there but his game tonight was ok...nothing special...look at the stats...thought scoop played better than he has and Triche was ok too....if we are looking for breakout players:
1. Melo
2. Dirty
3. KJ
4. Waiters

Remeber, it is only 3 games...so lets all relax

going to be interesting when we play a close game...who does JB go to...who does he trust...who does he stick with too long...?????????????

19 2-6 0-2 2-2 0 3 5 0 0 2 2 6

16 2-5 1-3 2-5 0 1 5 0 0 0 1 7

20 4-9 0-2 0-0 0 1 5 2 1 0 3 8
So which is the better stat sheet...or are they pretty much equal?????
I do not think we have a winner at guard yet...

its the TEAM. the team is the real star. as long as the players keep looking at it that way, this squad can go a long way. the talent is there. No team in the country is as deep as SU. The players just have to put out the effort and play unselfishly.

KJo will be the lead player this season. Everyone loves the bench. But Dion is the only potential star player on this team right now. #2 is MCW imo. "Potential" is the key word. Although I just heard KJo make Dicky V's 2nd team AA so far this season.

Was it SWC that did the player power ratings by having the board cast votes last year? Hopefully someone starts that up again this year.

This team reminds me a lot of the 2000 team, that started the season 19-0.

Not sure that there is a true "superstar," but the depth / balance / experiential factor seems to favor this being a very, very good team.