After attending last night's game can somebody tell Mr. Excitement less is better | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

After attending last night's game can somebody tell Mr. Excitement less is better

I was literally laughing out loud at Mr. Excitement the past 3-4 games. He's said some funny stuff and messed up a couple of his lines.

Last night at the end of the game he said 'And, the Orange will be back in the dome on Saturday when they face the North Carolina St. Tar Heels'. Haha, man, I'm still laughing about that.

He also called Tyler Ennis something like Tyleth?

SoBeCuse said:
He's still around after Boeheim's reprimand?! MSG guy would say the score but wouldn't say the other team. Just something like, "Syracuse leads 55-50." That's fine. Nothing more. Gotta get rid of this douche somehow.

Get rid of this douche from the cuse!

Nothing is worse than this chant. Its by far the lamest most embarrassing attempt at a chant in the history of organized sports and I equate it to getting a root canal without any novocaine.
Nothing sucks the life out of the Dome quicker than the Let's...(long pause)...Go...(long pause)...S...(long pause)...U...(and again)...

Fortunately, I'm usually so into the game at the Dome that I don't pay much attention to him. Although, I agree that I have no idea why he keeps saying we were the Maui champs. Happy to have been but does any other school mention during lineups that they won a tourney other than the NCAA?!

Douche for the cuse is the worst line ever. He needs to drop that immediately

Nothing is worse than this chant. Its by far the lamest most embarrassing attempt at a chant in the history of organized sports and I equate it to getting a root canal without any novocaine.
That was co-opted from a cheap team building seminar.

And all that is because he embodied the minimalist approach better than anyone.
The old time announcer at Fenway , Sherm Feller, sounded like a frog. All he would go is "Number 8, Carl Yastrzemski, Left Field, Yastrzemski"
Every batter was "Number, Full Name, Position, Last Name"
Nothing more , nothing less.
And he was a legend, with a frog voice.

Still nothing to this day will beat the su football game he publicly accounced Cody Catalina was in at qb when we snuck him in for a trick play.

I was literally laughing out loud at Mr. Excitement the past 3-4 games. He's said some funny stuff and messed up a couple of his lines.

Last night at the end of the game he said 'And, the Orange will be back in the dome on Saturday when they face the North Carolina St. Tar Heels'. Haha, man, I'm still laughing about that.

He also called Tyler Ennis something like Tyleth?

I did a double take on that one too. I figured he'd had one too many beverages by the end. Tyleth and Tarheels. Sounds like a really groovy 70's album.

Still nothing to this day will beat the su football game he publicly accounced Cody Catalina was in at qb when we snuck him in for a trick play.
I thought it was John Barker. Maybe that was a different one

The old time announcer at Fenway , Sherm Feller, sounded like a frog. All he would go is "Number 8, Carl Yastrzemski, Left Field, Yastrzemski"
Every batter was "Number, Full Name, Position, Last Name"
Nothing more , nothing less.
And he was a legend, with a frog voice.

Feller was great. Ranked #3 by me in my personal PA rankings. Often there was a pause between Left Field and Yastrzemski.

John Condon, 40 years at MSG, both old and new, was my all-time favorite.
"That was Bill Bradley, New York leads 42-40."
And back when there was the old 10 second rule resetting the shot clock - "Los Angeles has ten seconds to attempt a goal". ...."Ten seconds Los Angeles."

Bob Sheppard, no explanation necessary.

Feller.

I never cared too much for Dave Zinkoff in Philly. "Julius Errrrrrrrving".
I did like, though, his call - "Heard......of Buffalo".