after review | Syracusefan.com

after review

tbonezone

Living Legend
some thoughts on the marinovich/nova sack fumble. the little dude seems to have a penchant for flinging it forward as he's going down. fact. he was clearly in the grasp.fact.his arm was going forward. fact.he was outside the tackle box. fact. he was the first person to contact his own pass. (not sure if it's legal to pass to yourself.) but lastly also more importantly if a pass goes backwards from the release point then technically it's a really lateral and therefore not an incompletion but a fumble. not sure what the replay guys saw but to me the fumble recovery was the proper call. thoughts?

some thoughts on the marinovich/nova sack fumble. the little dude seems to have a penchant for flinging it forward as he's going down. fact. he was clearly in the grasp.fact.his arm was going forward. fact.he was outside the tackle box. fact. he was the first person to contact his own pass. (not sure if it's legal to pass to yourself.) but lastly also more importantly if a pass goes backwards from the release point then technically it's a really lateral and therefore not an incompletion but a fumble. not sure what the replay guys saw but to me the fumble recovery was the proper call. thoughts?

I was fairly confident then and I'm still fairly confident it was a lateral. The angle they showed over and over again on the broadcast was deceiving.

Absolutely on all counts. It was backward no matter how much ruttie wants to say otherwise.

Sent from my DROIDX

fact. he was the first person to contact his own pass. (not sure if it's legal to pass to yourself.)

I said the same thing while the play was being reviewed. I thought that it was a penalty but either it isn't one or the crack BE officials were out having coffee when it was being taught in ref school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom