After taking my son to Cuse games for 14 years... | Syracusefan.com

After taking my son to Cuse games for 14 years...

He finally enjoyed a serious round of “The Wave” at the Dome...went 3 times after a few duds...he got a kick out of it. As did the ole times, college kids and all in between. A good crowd tonight and a great win for the seniors!

Awesome moment to enjoy! Cherish that time my friend!!!

My 4 year old is fascinated by the balloons getting bounced around. He jumps up and screams “hit it to me” it’s been his favorite part of the game this year. But the wave... that was next level for him. He would stand look g for it to come and get so excited as it got close. It’s the little things lol

My 4 year old is fascinated by the balloons getting bounced around. He jumps up and screams “hit it to me” it’s been his favorite part of the game this year. But the wave... that was next level for him. He would stand look g for it to come and get so excited as it got close. It’s the little things lol
Good stuff. Cherish the moment.

I personally am over the wave. However, it was GREAT to see it back at football. It made a statement that everyone is having fun imo. The coaching staff were clearly getting a kick out of it. I know that Dino considers us to NOT HAVE a thing. A tradition. Like UCLAs 8 clap, or something like that. I couldn’t help but think he was thrilled to see that wave as it happened. Good stuff. The whole experience is fun again.

I personally am over the wave. However, it was GREAT to see it back at football. It made a statement that everyone is having fun imo. The coaching staff were clearly getting a kick out of it. I know that Dino considers us to NOT HAVE a thing. A tradition. Like UCLAs 8 clap, or something like that. I couldn’t help but think he was thrilled to see that wave as it happened. Good stuff. The whole experience is fun again.

The train whistle and the bell will become things if they just stick with them.

I always liked the tomahawk chop thing before kickoffs. No idea why they stopped doing that. The “Amen” song at the end of hoop games. We’ve had some cool traditions, they just always kill them for some reason. Makes no sense.

The wave is awesome...when it’s done at the right time in a game where the outcome is decided and everybody is just in having fun mode.

Normally not a big wave guy but that was awesome to see the entire crowd truly engaged and having fun. Whatever keeps that going is fine with me.

The train whistle and the bell will become things if they just stick with them.

I always liked the tomahawk chop thing before kickoffs. No idea why they stopped doing that. The “Amen” song at the end of hoop games. We’ve had some cool traditions, they just always kill them for some reason. Makes no sense.

The wave is awesome...when it’s done at the right time in a game where the outcome is decided and everybody is just in having fun mode.
I said the same thing, and asked someone involved with the band that is on this board. The answer shouldn't surprise you in this uitra pc day and age. Although it wasn't the same thing as the Tomohawk chop, it sounded similar enough, that the University worried it may offend people (although nobody made any complaint to them) so the canned it. I used to love it. It was a good crescendo to the kickoff that the whole stadium participated in, and built some excitement.
We should just take upon ourselves as fans to bring it back. Just start doing it before kickoff until it catches on.

I said the same thing, and asked someone involved with the band that is on this board. The answer shouldn't surprise you in this uitra pc day and age. Although it wasn't the same thing as the Tomohawk chop, it sounded similar enough, that the University worried it may offend people (although nobody made any complaint to them) so the canned it. I used to love it. It was a good crescendo to the kickoff that the whole stadium participated in, and built some excitement.
We should just take upon ourselves as fans to bring it back. Just start doing it before kickoff until it catches on.

Wow. Figured it was something like that.

Yeah, the way it increased in tempo...it really built up anticipation for the kickoff and got the crowd going.

Sometimes I wonder if people beyond this board even remember things like that.

I’m in. 2019, the year the chop came back.

Wow. Figured it was something like that.

Yeah, the way it increased in tempo...it really built up anticipation for the kickoff and got the crowd going.

Sometimes I wonder if people beyond this board even remember things like that.
It always came through on the television too, and made the atmosphere more exciting. Come to think of it, the crowd noise at those games in the 90's always came through on tv. I remember the announcers yelling, I remember they always would show a decibel meter on the broadcasts, and I remember the camera shaking at times when it got loud. For some reason now, the crowd noise doesn't come through on tv. Makes it seem sterile.

It always came through on the television too, and made the atmosphere more exciting. Come to think of it, the crowd noise at those games in the 90's always came through on tv. I remember the announcers yelling, I remember they always would show a decibel meter on the broadcasts, and I remember the camera shaking at times when it got loud. For some reason now, the crowd noise doesn't come through on tv. Makes it seem sterile.
Somewhere along the lines TV broadcasts have effectively turned down crowd noise. Think that's a mistake on their part.

Yup. It’s definitely something they do with the microphones now.

There have been games that I was at that were very loud in recent years, and then I’ll check out the TV broadcast of it that I recorded and you can’t even really tell that it was loud from TV.

It stinks.

It'd be nice if the ACC Network games would go back to using the 90's style and pump up the crowd noise. Help sell the excitement of ACC football.