After this weekend, they are gone forever... | Syracusefan.com

After this weekend, they are gone forever...

Same. We've had enough 'hate' for an irrelevant team. It's pretty damn clear how badly our program has sacked when our 'rival' is Rutgers.

There's too pieces of good news in this being our last game against NJ State.

The first is that we are shuck of this annoying, naive, 6 yr old bunch of bandwagon hoppers that have tried for years to elevate their program by suggesting that they are rivals with the storied SU program.

The second is that we have left them in an awful spot. The NNBE is now the direct descendent of conferences like C-USA and the Metro. Its never worked before and it almost certainly not work in its current form.

SU should pull a "BC on UConn" move and block their entrance into the ACC, if the ACC should ever even consider that.

There is, perhaps, no dumber suggestion than the Rutgers crowd chanting "ACC, ACC" at Syracuse. Everyone in the stadium knows they'd give their eye teeth to be going with us or instead of us. And chanting "Big East, Big East" is almost as dumb. SU was a charter member and a significant player. Has the Rutgers basketball team even played in the BET at MSG?

You guys are wrong. RU is gone on the field. But you must not follow CFB message boards. RU fans go around talking about how great they are and how they deserve to join conference XYZ. They annoy on a national level. That won't change.

He's obviously speaking for himself. That's why he said "I can't" instead of "we can't".

Your Big East pennant is quickly going out of style in these parts.

Yeah...what he said.

It will be great to finally get the dog shite off our shoe once and for all. It's that horrible lingering smell that never goes away.

They can now trade flames with the fans at Eastern Michigan and Northern Illinois if they're lucky enough to ever make it into the MAC.

sorry this had the makings (if not already)a true rivalry game--agreed, the immature fan base at ru is woefully ignorant, and rookies at best. but it is a good road trip,good tailgate,nice atmosphere----every ru thread indicates a true mutual hatred.their new found arrogance is annoying and i would like us to regain the superiority and pound them every year,like we used to do.

He's obviously speaking for himself. That's why he said "I can't" instead of "we can't".

Why is this guy so hard up on the BE? Its a sinking ship ...

...and I can't wait.

But I assume you have to agree that this is a HUGE game for us. Like it or not they are a top 25 opponent. The game is home for them. They are riding high for the short term with an undefeated record and high ranking recruiting class. We, for lack of a better term, are still trying to figure it out. Now, I agree that historically Rutgers means nothing and that there continued affiliation in the sunbeast is all but a death kneel for national relevance. But, with all that accounted for a win for us would be a big deal. First off, we would beat a top 25 team in their house. Second off we would be .500. Lastly it would makes us three for four since hcdm took over. As much as it pains me to say this, Rutgers is a good team. When we win on Saturday and close the book on the only rival we really have had for the last five years I will miss it a little bit. If this game were not important then why have people been talking about it for the last 3 weeks? The Rutgers win in hcdms first season was probably the biggest win of that year just like the lost last years was probably the biggest loss.

But I assume you have to agree that this is a HUGE game for us. Like it or not they are a top 25 opponent. The game is home for them. They are riding high for the short term with an undefeated record and high ranking recruiting class. We, for lack of a better term, are still trying to figure it out. Now, I agree that historically Rutgers means nothing and that there continued affiliation in the sunbeast is all but a death kneel for national relevance. But, with all that accounted for a win for us would be a big deal. First off, we would beat a top 25 team in their house. Second off we would be .500. Lastly it would makes us three for four since hcdm took over. As much as it pains me to say this, Rutgers is a good team. When we win on Saturday and close the book on the only rival we really have had for the last five years I will miss it a little bit. If this game were not important then why have people been talking about it for the last 3 weeks? The Rutgers win in hcdms first season was probably the biggest win of that year just like the lost last years was probably the biggest loss.

Now I'm not implying this will happen ... I think Rutgers is a decent squad ... but what if we go out there and beat them ... and then they tank the rest of their schedule? How big would it be then ... lets face it ... they haven't really played anyone, we don't know what they are and to top it off they needed 5 TOs from UConn just to get to 19 points ... I'm not sure at this point they are a top 25 caliber club ... people fall in love with that 5-0 record but don't pay much attention to who they have played thus far.

sorry this had the makings (if not already)a true rivalry game--agreed, the immature fan base at ru is woefully ignorant, and rookies at best. but it is a good road trip,good tailgate,nice atmosphere----every ru thread indicates a true mutual hatred.their new found arrogance is annoying and i would like us to regain the superiority and pound them every year,like we used to do.

This is exactly why it's not a rivalry in the first place. And it's a reason why we were so good and could get what we wanted from New Jersey High Schools (short of what Penn State wanted).

It's just not going to work.

And cuseguy, as you've probably read many times (since I'm a broken record), I live a couple blocks from the Navy Stadium. I will pledge not to enjoy the Big East after they join the league in 2015. I'll probably go to a few games though.

This is exactly why it's not a rivalry in the first place. And it's a reason why we were so good and could get what we wanted from New Jersey High Schools (short of what Penn State wanted).

It's just not going to work.

And cuseguy, as you've probably read many times (since I'm a broken record), I live a couple blocks from the Navy Stadium. I will pledge not to enjoy the Big East after they join the league in 2015. I'll probably go to a few games though.

By that point you better have moved.

By that point you better have moved.

Or quit drinking. The extra alcohol tax in this Communist state is killing me.

So yeah, I probably won't live here at that point. Forget it. I'm back in, All ACC. Big East is dead again.

Hopefully this board does exactly what WVU's board has done: move on to the big kids table and leave the BE behind, unless it's game week vs. a BE squad. Haven't heard a peep from a WVU fan here or anywhere because they're associating with the B12 schools. We can leave it all behind this July and move on to the new, better, sexier ACC.

Hopefully this board does exactly what WVU's board has done: move on to the big kids table and leave the BE behind, unless it's game week vs. a BE squad. Haven't heard a peep from a WVU fan here or anywhere because they're associating with the B12 schools. We can leave it all behind this July and move on to the new, better, sexier ACC.

I'm sure but you can't help but feel like RU's fans will keep coming back ... almost like a bad rash or something.

Now I'm not implying this will happen ... I think Rutgers is a decent squad ... but what if we go out there and beat them ... and then they tank the rest of their schedule? How big would it be then ... lets face it ... they haven't really played anyone, we don't know what they are and to top it off they needed 5 TOs from UConn just to get to 19 points ... I'm not sure at this point they are a top 25 caliber club ... people fall in love with that 5-0 record but don't pay much attention to who they have played thus far.

We can beat the they haven't played anyone drum but they did beat usf and Arkansas. Each team at least has talent although you could say questionable coaching. To paraphrase a terrible nfl head coach named herm Edwards in regards to this Saturday, it's why you play the games. Should be a tough one for us.

We can beat the they haven't played anyone drum but they did beat usf and Arkansas. Each team at least has talent although you could say questionable coaching. To paraphrase a terrible nfl head coach named herm Edwards in regards to this Saturday, it's why you play the games. Should be a tough one for us.

I'm not saying it won't be tough ... where did I say it was an easy game .. .but last I looked USF is last in the worst AQ conference in America and Arkansas can barely beat themselves ... again if they win out I'll be impressed but they haven't played anyone top 25 caliber ... dare I even say top 40 caliber ... but I'll do you one better ... their SOS is 112 ... so I'll beat that drum next.

Why is this guy so hard up on the BE? Its a sinking ship ...

You haven't been reading my posts. Like Paul Ryan would say, it would take too long to explain right now. And I have a ship to catch soon to Jersey for the game.

Not quite. We still get to kick the out of them in our annual beat down of their hoops product on January 2nd.

My pennant isn't going anywhere for now.

It is only a HUGE game insofar that it gets us one step closer to a bowl game. Otherwise, its just another game on our schedule.

My pennant isn't going anywhere for now.

Suit yourself.

But which version or versions of the Big East are you supportive of:

The real Big East - The basketball conference of the 1980's?

The current version of the Big East basketball league that at least has the core of the original Big East basketball schools with random schools from the Midwest and Mid-south seeded in?

The original Big East football Conference with VT, Miami and BC?

The New Big East with Cincinnati, Louisville, USF?

The New, New Big East with SMU and Houston but not SU or Pitt or WVA?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom