afternoon of October 16, 1968 | Syracusefan.com

afternoon of October 16, 1968

stuckinbig11

All American
walking along the north side of Archbold Stadium on my way back to Lawrinson after Physics lab (Resnick and Halladay physics with calculus version) -- snow in the air. Earliest snow I have ever encountered.

Yikes, we were dormmates, I was in Lawrinson for three years in the late 60's as well.

As for remembering snow in Syracuse, it seemed to happen more often than not, so your memory far exceeds mine in terms of specific dates.

Yikes, we were dormmates, I was in Lawrinson for three years in the late 60's as well.

As for remembering snow in Syracuse, it seemed to happen more often than not, so your memory far exceeds mine in terms of specific dates.
Lawrinson 11 with Bill Smith and his trade-off roommates Bill Finney, Bob McDaniel, and Paul Petroskey. Smitty taught me how to juggle.

walking along the north side of Archbold Stadium on my way back to Lawrinson after Physics lab (Resnick and Halladay physics with calculus version) -- snow in the air. Earliest snow I have ever encountered.
I don't recall the years, but one "season" was bookended by snow on Columbus day in the fall, and Mother's day in the spring.

My worst weather day in Archbold was Oct 9th, 1976

Cuse beat Tulane in a driving frigid rain 3-0. Dave Jacobs went 1-5 on FG attempts that day. Fell on his ass 3-4 times kicking.

The concrete of Archbold sucked the heat right out of your body. The concrete steps cascaded the rain down each step towards the field. As I remember at kickoff it was rain and low 40s...become rain and 38 at the end of the game. No snow that night but it was close to snow.

Smallest crowd I ever saw at Archbold...maybe 10k to start and 2k saw the end.

My worst weather day in Archbold was Oct 9th, 1976

Cuse beat Tulane in a driving frigid rain 3-0. Dave Jacobs went 1-5 on FG attempts that day. Fell on his ass 3-4 times kicking.

The concrete of Archbold sucked the heat right out of your body. The concrete steps cascaded the rain down each step towards the field. As I remember at kickoff it was rain and low 40s...become rain and 38 at the end of the game. No snow that night but it was close to snow.

Smallest crowd I ever saw at Archbold...maybe 10k to start and 2k saw the end.
I was there, too. Brutal game to sit through. Thank heavens for the flask I brought.