Class of 2025 - AJ Dybantsa (MA / ProlificPrep) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025  AJ Dybantsa (MA / ProlificPrep)

People have been harping about the numbers we hear for top players (usually high six figures) are inflated and they don't get close to that. Seems like they might. And the market is shooting up year over year at a wildly rapid pace...so far at least.
Dybantsa is like Flagg. They are going to be one of the top 5 players in the world at some point. He’s the exception.

Dybantsa is like Flagg. They are going to be one of the top 5 players in the world at some point. He’s the exception.
Sure, $7-8m is def the exception, but there's lots of people and media saying the $750k or $1m deals are inflated and they're probably getting half. Maybe true the first year of NIL, but I think the competition drove the market up and the top players are actually getting that kind of money. The transfer center to UW was rumored to get $2m and he's not a generational talent. I mean we have Eddie Lampkin at like 800k I think. Hopefully it's a gold rush and it comes back to earth, which it might not because sports are big business, but this probably isn't sustainable for most programs.

People have been harping about the numbers we hear for top players (usually high six figures) are inflated and they don't get close to that. Seems like they might. And the market is shooting up year over year at a wildly rapid pace...so far at least.
I think part of the inflation into next year is part of the revenue sharing model in addition to NIL collectives still having to foot some of the bill. Typically we've been seeing like 2x every year in terms of the market increase, next year might be 3x.

Last edited: