Albany Game Thread... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Albany Game Thread...

good to know. i cringed when BW was hammered and limped off.
It was a bit worrisome to me when he walked to the sideline when the TO was called with 1.6 left. Seemed as if he was holding his right arm close to his body as if his shoulder was hurting. Fingers crossed it's not.

Pumping your fist is a penalty.

Jamming your fist into someone's gut isn't. :noidea:

At first I thought it was a continuation of his shot. On review he definitely did a get off me type of move. Think it was nervous energy and frustration relief coming out of him.

It sounded like the test we needed - Albany came In with a game plan and executed, shutting off Cuses attack players meant that our middies had to step up, it was great to see that happen and people Like Carlin and Trimboli step up and get crucial goals for us today. The defence had to dig in in the second half with Dipietro seeing more minutes again this week and also Fusco and Bomberry weighing in with goals really helped the team! Its great to see us make the adjustments to win the game, it's tough when a team comes into the dome to make things hard for us! Another hot Goalie - teams really come to play and that's what we need on the schedule! A great W for the boys that will grow their confidence and also give them a shot in the arm early! I hope Ben is ok!!

It was a bit worrisome to me when he walked to the sideline when the TO was called with 1.6 left. Seemed as if he was holding his right arm close to his body as if his shoulder was hurting. Fingers crossed it's not.
I saw that too. Was convinced they'd put a long pole in to take that last draw. But Deskos gonna Desko. Has to lean on Williams.

I only saw the second half, so I thought we looked pretty good --although some bewildering shot selection at times. Evans with no points. Ouch.

This is the way it goes with Albany lately --a nail biter but we got the win.
Credit where it is due: Albany played a well disciplined game. They could not run with Syracuse, they played an old Princeton type basketball game, moved the ball around waited for a mistake and took advantage of it. Defensively, they stayed between our Orange players and the goal, not offering many good looks to score.

To be sure, the three crease violations hurt. Also, our guys had several shots that just missed and the Danes' goalie did a remarkably good job, 13 saves, all of this combined to limit our score. See post 136 for a better review.

This is the type of game that makes or breaks a team, the team gutted it out, even when down 6-1!

Crazy game. Saw some people mention it but its just great to see the development of some of our younger guys on offense and defense. DiPietro is a stud and already my favorite player, dude is all over the field. Carlin and Trimboli played very well and I though Dearth also looked good, he and a few other got screwed out of goals by crease violations, 2 of which had no affect on the goalie.

Disappointed in #22 again, I mean it is what it is with him. He's shown great signs of breaking out, all of which have come against poor competition. I was upset with the way he played. No mistakes or turnovers, but our attack overall was poor. The attack had two goals, same amount as our poles.

Cant complain overall, seems like the injury bug is already starting to pile up, Williams looked like he was holding his shoulder at points. Overall, good win but still lots to improve upon.

Ok I have watched the game now! I think Deskos pre and post game interviews said a lot, the coaches seemed to have prepared the team Well, they didn't want to get into the running game and wanted a slower offense to take percentage shots on the goalie. Off angle shots and forcing things really hurt us and Albany did a good job in taking away our offense by
Putting a lot pressure on our attackmen and winning the ground ball battle. Desko philosophy would have worked with the amount of face offs we had won.

Molloy - didn't do much wrong and made some key stops, he cleared the ball well. I think he needs to do a better job of inspiring our def early as we are slow to start and also recognise that we where sliding to their face too early.

Def - slow starting but am happy with the unit, we got beat early sliding to feeders but made the adjustment, it's an aggressive bunch that like
To get up the field, which was good for us as two poles got on the score sheet.
I thought Fusco had a great game for us but gave away a silly slashing penalty.
DiPietro is seeing more mins and is fun to watch. Bomberry is quickly becoming one of my favourites! Firman is and plays like a senior even when playing a different position from past years he's doing a great job and thinks faster than most, he made some big plays yesterday.

First Line Middies - Bomberry is a star and has a high IQ and is a shoe in to start in the first midfield. Lane and Salcido are struggling with their shooting accuracy but Salcido stood up to be counted late when we needed him, he seems frustrated after reviving what we call a dead leg and he ousehednto early in the possession, he's a known quantity now and will struggle early
In the season to find his place again although his vision and passing have been great. Salcido and Lane scored their first goals of the year yesterday and was good to see although I feel Lane need to tighten up in all fields to secure his place on the first line, when passing he doesn't set his feet and looks off balance sometimes and he isn't totally confident in his own shooting.

Second Line Middies - First goals of the year for The impressive Trimboli and Carlin which helped the team and was great to see, I still think Dearth will have a break out game and looks physically ready for the challenge, he will be a great one from what I have seen. You will see two of these players on the first line next year! I am still concerned over our midfield recruiting we would have been hurt without transfers, we need to get a few stud players every year to keep this going.

Attack - we haven't got much depth at this position this year I think we may see Wisnauskas once he gets used to the offense, it wad obvious after an amazing debut performance the week before against Siena that the attack would have been a big part of Coach Marrs scout, our starters can hurt you when dodging and feeding and we have the outside shots to pick teams off. Yesterday was the shot in the arm we need as we best get used to this pressure and teams taking away our strengths. We forced passes early in possessions and didn't take time
To work on their goalie with percentage shots. Solomon put himself in dangerous places on the field sometimes being doubled or tripled and was not in a position to pass the ball. Jordan and Mariano took some bad shots from tight angles which helped build the goalies confidence.

Other - Cal is not the answer on the wing he does not have the skills to get out of trouble although he is a great athlete.

Weston dressed there but not getting involved in the mosh!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom