Albany-Mt St Marys.. | Syracusefan.com

Albany-Mt St Marys..

suinaustin

Walk On
Why are the announcers calling the Danes, UAlbany? Did the school officially change their name? Or are these guys just using what is on the jersey?

The school has used UAlbany for at least ten years...them seem to be slowly shifting from being called Albany to UAlbany consistently now

Had me a bit confused. LOL. I have watched them play before and never heard the announcers call them UAlbany until tonight. Albany, Univ of Albany and Danes were the common names.

Florida next...:eek:

They gave Yukon as a #1 seed a game in their first trip to the tourney several years ago, and that team was better than this Florida team. Why not the Danes, why not this year!?!? How about Will Brown to BC? He has carved out a nice little program in the capital city.

Why are the announcers calling the Danes, UAlbany? Did the school officially change their name? Or are these guys just using what is on the jersey?

I guess since they are rebranding UB (suny buffalo) as "New York" Albany decided to take the "U"

I guess "UB" is still alive but the focus seems to be more on New York

I liked their point guard quite a bit... looks every bit the quality of of a top tier D1 point guard (if it wasn't for his 5'-9" stature...)

And the Aussie and their other guard both look solid...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom