ALCS G2 post Jeter thread... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ALCS G2 post Jeter thread...

If the Yanks win one game I will be very surprised. I would love to blame the loss on that one call and it definitely took the steam out of their sail, but that sail was at half mast anyways.

If the Yanks win one game I will be very surprised. I would love to blame the loss on that one call and it definitely took the steam out of their sail, but that sail was at half mast anyways.

Agreed, but I do also agree with Girardi's post game comments.

This is a team that seems to only hit well in the 9th, and for an opposing pitcher it's much easier going at a hitter, and closing out at a game, with a 3-0 lead than it is a 1-0 lead in the playoffs.

Gee, SF just scored 4 runs by swinging at strikes, and not hitting even one over the fence ... who'd a thunk it?

Gee, SF just scored 4 runs by swinging at strikes, and not hitting even one over the fence ... who'd a thunk it?

WITCHCRAFT!!!!

WITCHCRAFT!!!!
Nah, he's in the bull pen :D ...

Margaret-Hamilton-as-original-wickedWitch.jpg

Actually for a guy who is supposed to be a great hitter, cano should be out of the lineup 2-32 is.062 for the postseason and 0-24 for his last 24. If this is going to be his team after Jeter retires, the yankee's are in a lot of trouble.

Actually for a guy who is supposed to be a great hitter, cano should be out of the lineup 2-32 is.062 for the postseason and 0-24 for his last 24. If this is going to be his team after Jeter retires, the yankee's are in a lot of trouble.

Yeah, he's maybe a bigger problem right now because he's actually a good hitter at least the type that should be somewhat slump-proof. We already know Swisher and ARod are going to choke, when the professional hitters start failing we're in big trouble because the big guns (lol) sure as hell aren't picking up the slack.

The pattern with ARod, Swish and Granderson seems to be take a called first strike, usually a fast ball. Swing and foul tip off the next pitch, maybe just outside the strike zone. And then swing and miss at an off speed breaking ball down and away. I was watching the post game pressers after the game and Leyland pretty much said that's the strategy they are going with. The same approach the Orioles used. What's most frustrating is that they are getting beat by pitchers they should be able to hit. The Yankee batters are just totally off balance. Relievers usually only have a limited pitch arsenal to choose from so maybe that explains why they do better later in the game.

"To go through a stretch like this where it's kind of a negative attitude, a negative type setting, that's tough," Nick Swisher said. "But hey, that's part of the game. Rightfully so. There are a lot of expectations here and I guess when you don't get the job done, you're going to hear about it."

Poor Nick Swisher. He guesses that? Really. The tough thing is watching Nick Swisher play baseball in the playoffs - that's tough. If he didn't do this every year I might be more sympathetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom