Alex Van Pelt...he's really an OC candidate? | Syracusefan.com

Alex Van Pelt...he's really an OC candidate?

Nick44

All Conference
Ive seen his name mentioned by many so far. How can this guy be a serious candidate? A career position coach with the exception of 1 season as OC at Buffalo followed by a termination once Juaron was fired. Followed by a termination at Tampa. 1 year in college as a QB coach at UB? Limited to no recruiting experience. No experience teaching the OL.

While I get that he showed Hackett the k-gun offense (which I need an instructional lesson on) I just don't see the level of SUCCESSFUL playing calling or recruiting experience that I think is needed to be a D-1 OC.

Gosh I wish Cubit hadn't taken the Illinois job. I think he would've been a home run hire.

That said Jags would be a great hire as long as keeps that bullshit leather coat he use to wear on the sidelines at bc in the garbage

I thought the AVP for OC was a joke. No disrespect but I seriously couldnt fathom how this comes to fruition.

Now I see him being talked about as a candidate. I can't believe he a serious if not leading candidate.

Ive seen his name mentioned by many so far. How can this guy be a serious candidate? A career position coach with the exception of 1 season as OC at Buffalo followed by a termination once Juaron was fired. Followed by a termination at Tampa. 1 year in college as a QB coach at UB? Limited to no recruiting experience. No experience teaching the OL.

While I get that he showed Hackett the k-gun offense (which I need an instructional lesson on) I just don't see the level of SUCCESSFUL playing calling or recruiting experience that I think is needed to be a D-1 OC.

Gosh I wish Cubit hadn't taken the Illinois job. I think he would've been a home run hire.
I disagree wholeheartedly. Van Pelt is an excellent candidate, IMO. His short stints were more circumstantial and say more about the two HC's he worked for, and not necessarily his coaching ability. I know one thing, he did wonders with Josh Freeman as a rookie in TB.

I think he'd make a fine OC. Hope we get him. He brings a nice resume and lots of NFL cache to the position. And since I'm sure Allen and Wilson were told of his possible hiring and remained committed, they obviously approve as well.

One thing I know about AVP, he's definitely taking advantage of his retirement from playing professional football.

AVP was a disaster with the Bills and that is putting it lightly. I know he got the job a week before the season but that offense was horrible and I mean HORRIBLE.

And since I'm sure Allen and Wilson were told of his possible hiring and remained committed, they obviously approve as well.

And how in gods name would you know this?
You are making some fairly broad assumptions right there. Among these assumptions;
1) you are assuming he's a candidate​
2) you are assuming our recruits were told of this hiring in advance​
3) you are assuming these recruits approve of this hire​

Um yeah. Substantive post.

What's Bradlee Van Pelt up to?
He was at Denver like 6 years ago. I got to meet his dad after a Giants Broncos game. Really nice guy, sad day when he passed away.

And how in gods name would you know this?
You are making some fairly broad assumptions right there. Among these assumptions;
1) you are assuming he's a candidate​
2) you are assuming our recruits were told of this hiring in advance​
3) you are assuming these recruits approve of this hire​

Um yeah. Substantive post.
1) Yes, I am forming my opinion on the assumption -- made by several others on this board -- that he may be a candidate, which is exactly what the OP did. I merely responded to his post based on that same assumption.
2) I am NOT assuming our recruits were told of this hiring in advance b/c I'm not assuming he's being hired, and never did I say that. I'm just responding to the reports which stated that Allen was told about the OC candidates being considered to replace NH. So I'm assuming he was also told their names. I'm also assuming this same info was shared with Wilson as well.
3) I am NOT assuming these recruits approve of this hire b/c I never assumed he we being hired. I'm only assuming they approve of the potential OC candidates being considered, of which Van Pelt may (or may not) be one.

I could be wrong in many of these assumptions but I mean really, who gives a , it's just fan message board, not a court of law?

Are we clear now Mr. Substantive Poster?

Ooh boy, its been awhile since I've been in a proper pissing match with a genius.

Here is your original quote.
And since I'm sure Allen and Wilson were told of his possible hiring and remained committed, they obviously approve as well.

Let's expand on that and take it step by step, shall we? First off, I think we can agree that neither of us know who is being hired. And any claims to the contrary are based on assumptions...agreed?

I am NOT assuming our recruits were told of this hiring in advance b/c I'm not assuming he's being hired

So how does "And since I'm sure Allen and Wilson were told of his possible hiring" fit with your claim that you aren't assuming the recruits were told? Maybe it started with the OP, but it "I'm sure" you agree with it...

I am NOT assuming these recruits approve of this hire b/c I never assumed he we being hired.

Maybe its me, but when you say "they obviously approve as well" are you talking about the possible hire that you aren't making assumptions on?

Nothing personal against you, but we've had far too many unsubstantiated rumors thrown around as fact over the past few days. This is my attempt to clean some of that verbal diarrhea up.

AVP was a disaster with the Bills and that is putting it lightly. I know he got the job a week before the season but that offense was horrible and I mean HORRIBLE.

True statement, but that whole team was a disaster, so it isn't surprising.

Ooh boy, its been awhile since I've been in a proper pissing match with a genius.

Here is your original quote.

Let's expand on that and take it step by step, shall we? First off, I think we can agree that neither of us know who is being hired. And any claims to the contrary are based on assumptions...agreed?

So how does "And since I'm sure Allen and Wilson were told of his possible hiring" fit with your claim that you aren't assuming the recruits were told? Maybe it started with the OP, but it "I'm sure" you agree with it...

Maybe its me, but when you say "they obviously approve as well" are you talking about the possible hire that you aren't making assumptions on?

Nothing personal against you, but we've had far too many unsubstantiated rumors thrown around as fact over the past few days. This is my attempt to clean some of that verbal diarrhea up.

Despite your alleged "good intentions" Mr. Kaopectate, not only are u being an unnecessary ball-buster, you're being an unintelligent one (nothing personal against you, of course).

boog7 said:
I am NOT assuming our recruits were told of this hiring in advance b/c I'm not assuming he's being hired​

I'll go slow for you. I am simply assuming that the two QB recruits were told that there were some candidates being considered to replace Hackett as OC, whoever these candidates might be. And I'm assuming that they were told these candidates names and were given their bios and backgrounds, again, whoever they might be. And therefore, I'm also assuming that given this information about these potential OC's, the QB recruits must have approved of these candidates because they have, in fact, decided to honor their commitments to SU.

And this passage from an article in the Daily Orange now validates my assumptions:

(Zach) Allen and Hackett spoke on Tuesday, Allen said, and Hackett told him the program is looking at two new offensive coordinator candidates who will run the same offense Hackett ran.

The two candidates under consideration are outside the current coaching staff, Allen said.

“He said they’re really fired up, real intense, always just wanting the players to be better,” Allen said of the two offensive coordinator candidates Hackett told him about, “and that’s someone I can play under every day.”

boog7 said:
I am NOT assuming these recruits approve of this hire b/c I never assumed he was being hired.​

Now follow me here, Mr. Kaopectate. When a person is a candidate for a job, it means that they could possibly be hired for that job. I'm sure you get that. So when I referred to them "obviously approving" his possible hiring, I was only referring to them obviously approving the OC candidates that they were told about, coaches who could -- here's that word again -- possibly be hired. And in this particular thread, we were simply speculating about Alex Van Pelt being one of those candidates who could possibly be hired. Comprende?

But never once did I suggest, submit or assume that AVP was, in fact, a confirmed or hired candidate. Nor did I attempt to "throw around" any rumor along those lines. I only proposed -- and now the Daily Orange article confirms it -- that at least one of our QB commits does in fact approve of the OC candidates they were in fact told about, whoever those yet-to-be-disclosed individuals happen to be.

But guess what, Mr. Kaopectate? You win this pissing match (hooray) b/c I'm done with it. Now you can really just focus on cleaning up all that diarrhea. Enjoy.

True statement, but that whole team was a disaster, so it isn't surprising.
Sucking with the bills doesn't mean someone is a bad college coach. I hope hip hop and baloney rent.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Are they having press conference today? If so what time?

Despite your alleged "good intentions" Mr. Kaopectate, not only are u being an unnecessary ball-buster, you're being an unintelligent one (nothing personal against you, of course).

boog7 said:
I am NOT assuming our recruits were told of this hiring in advance b/c I'm not assuming he's being hired​

I'll go slow for you. I am simply assuming that the two QB recruits were told that there were some candidates being considered to replace Hackett as OC, whoever these candidates might be. And I'm assuming that they were told these candidates names and were given their bios and backgrounds, again, whoever they might be. And therefore, I'm also assuming that given this information about these potential OC's, the QB recruits must have approved of these candidates because they have, in fact, decided to honor their commitments to SU.

And this passage from an article in the Daily Orange now validates my assumptions:

(Zach) Allen and Hackett spoke on Tuesday, Allen said, and Hackett told him the program is looking at two new offensive coordinator candidates who will run the same offense Hackett ran.

The two candidates under consideration are outside the current coaching staff, Allen said.

“He said they’re really fired up, real intense, always just wanting the players to be better,” Allen said of the two offensive coordinator candidates Hackett told him about, “and that’s someone I can play under every day.”

boog7 said:
I am NOT assuming these recruits approve of this hire b/c I never assumed he was being hired.​

Now follow me here, Mr. Kaopectate. When a person is a candidate for a job, it means that they could possibly be hired for that job. I'm sure you get that. So when I referred to them "obviously approving" his possible hiring, I was only referring to them obviously approving the OC candidates that they were told about, coaches who could -- here's that word again -- possibly be hired. And in this particular thread, we were simply speculating about Alex Van Pelt being one of those candidates who could possibly be hired. Comprende?

But never once did I suggest, submit or assume that AVP was, in fact, a confirmed or hired candidate. Nor did I attempt to "throw around" any rumor along those lines. I only proposed -- and now the Daily Orange article confirms it -- that at least one of our QB commits does in fact approve of the OC candidates they were in fact told about, whoever those yet-to-be-disclosed individuals happen to be.

But guess what, Mr. Kaopectate? You win this pissing match (hooray) b/c I'm done with it. Now you can really just focus on cleaning up all that diarrhea. Enjoy.

Gawd, there is so much good stuff here that I could reply to. But rather than wasting anymore time on this, let me try to break it down for you "short bus" style...

Sucking with the bills doesn't mean someone is a bad college coach. I hope hip hop and baloney rent.

being a former bills coordinator is a formula for success.

just ask the Giants...

:rolling:

Oh Lord

You mean the coach that Phil Steele said did a Phenomenal job all four years, the coach that in his opinion overachieved every year.

Considering your track record, "let's wait until Nassib gets to conference play", "they are throwing the ball too much to Lemon", "this year is going to suck, let's wait until next year to judge", they should probably plan on being long time fixtures in Buffalo.

More important than Alex Van Pelt's qualifications, who has won the boog7/44PRIDE pissing contest?