All-ACC 1st Team | Syracusefan.com

All-ACC 1st Team

PoppyHart

All American
Looks like they, correctly, only select 5 players.

Between the following, someone's getting screwed.

Fair
Ennis
Parker
Hood
Warren
Patterson

Warren would be a likely omit, as he plays on a 2nd-tier team, but Erick Green was POY last year after leading the league in scoring.

Also, Joe Harris is highly regarded by the voters (1st team last year, pre-season this year) so I wouldn't etirely discard him despite the less than spectacular numbers.

Seems like Ennis, CJ, Hood, and Parker are shoe ins and everyone else is fighting for the last spot. I think McDaniel, Warren, Harris and Paige are all fighting for the last spot.

Of that group, right now, Hood is my vote for odd man out. Can't go two Duke and two SU. Fair and Ennis have been on another level and the best team in the ACC should get two guys over the team that's not top 2 in the standings.

When you look at the head to head, Parker was Dukes best player, and Fair was ours, Hood was barely an after thought production wise in the game,

Next time around Hood could be the hero and force his way onto the list, but I don't see it.

The question is if one team gets two guys on the list, will it be SU or Duke? CJ and Parker are locks. I think Mr. Virginia Joe Harris is a lock too. There are only two slots left. Has a leading scorer ever been overlooked?

I could see Ennis getting squeezed but winning FOY instead.

I think the only locks are Ennis/Fair/Parker. I think Harris gets a spot if UVA keeps playing well. I'd go with McDaniels over Warren for the last spot.

The question is if one team gets two guys on the list, will it be SU or Duke? CJ and Parker are locks. I think Mr. Virginia Joe Harris is a lock too. There are only two slots left. Has a leading scorer ever been overlooked?

I could see Ennis getting squeezed but winning FOY instead.

Honestly I think Ennis is more of a lock than Fair. Ennis is literally the media darling, he gets all the talk for his play down the stretch of close game after close game. It doesn't matter to them that CJ makes just as many plays late in games, or that he makes more plays throughout the course of the game to put us in a spot to win it in the end.

If they put two in, if the standings stay as they are, they should be giving two guys to us, not Duke. But if Duke wins at Cameron, and we lose the ACC regular season, all beta are off.

Honestly I think Ennis is more of a lock than Fair. Ennis is literally the media darling, he gets all the talk for his play down the stretch of close game after close game. It doesn't matter to them that CJ makes just as many plays late in games, or that he makes more plays throughout the course of the game to put us in a spot to win it in the end.

If they put two in, if the standings stay as they are, they should be giving two guys to us, not Duke. But if Duke wins at Cameron, and we lose the ACC regular season, all beta are off.
Isn't Fair like 6th in the ACC in scoring?
POY is the more interesting race

Isn't Fair like 6th in the ACC in scoring?
POY is the more interesting race

True, I have no idea what to do there. Fair hasn't been consistent enough IMO. Ennis hasn't scored enough, Parker had a major slump to start ACC play, the NC State kids team isn't particularly good, Pitt hasn't beaten anybody yet, so that probably hurts Pattersons case, I don't know who should be POY IMO

True, I have no idea what to do there. Fair hasn't been consistent enough IMO. Ennis hasn't scored enough, Parker had a major slump to start ACC play, the NC State kids team isn't particularly good, Pitt hasn't beaten anybody yet, so that probably hurts Pattersons case, I don't know who should be POY IMO
Since CJ was preseason POY you have to assume someone would have to "take it from him"; and I'm not sure anyone has done that yet. Right now it's him or Parker I think.

Fair
Ennis
Parker
Hood
Warren
Patterson

Warren would be a likely omit, as he plays on a 2nd-tier team, but Erick Green was POY last year after leading the league in scoring.

Also, Joe Harris is highly regarded by the voters (1st team last year, pre-season this year) so I wouldn't etirely discard him despite the less than spectacular numbers.[/quot

Is it MVP plus 5, or just 5

right now id say locks are:
parker
fair
mcdaniels

last 2 spots go to:
Patterson
Harris
Ennis
Paige

right now id have Patterson and Harris slightly ahead of Ennis and Paige

If it is just 5, we will not get 2. If it is 5 plus POY, then we have a chance.

Last edited:
as for player of the year I think McDaniel's is likely the leader right now

They'll give POY to Parker because Ennis will get Freshman of the Year and they wouldn't be able to stomach two Syracuse players walking away with both awards.

Fair
Ennis
Parker
Hood
Warren
Patterson

Also, Joe Harris is highly regarded by the voters (1st team last year, pre-season this year) so I wouldn't etirely discard him despite the less than spectacular numbers.
The best may not be on there, McDaniels from Clemson.
Over who? Anybody but Parker and Ennis, possibly CJ

Better throw McDaniels on there. Malcolm Brogden will get votes too, along with Marcus Paige.

Hood doesn't deserve it. I'm guessing CJ might not make it either if his struggles continue.

I think it really depends on how the next 6 games play out. If we go 5-1 or 6-0, then I'd expect Fair and Ennis to make it, with Fair being the front runner for POY.

Parker and Ennis duke it out for ROY. We won't sweep both awards--no way the Tobacco Road crew will allow that [could definitely see Fair getting edged by Parker for POY, but Ennis getting ROY in the scenario laid out above--again, contingent up on a strong finish].

If we stub our toe a little down the stretch, we only get one player on the all-ACC team, and don't get POY for sure.

You can toss Patterson. No way should he be above the guys on this list and several will have to be cut to get down to 5. Patterson has helped his team do exactly jack squat in conference.

Of that group, right now, Hood is my vote for odd man out. Can't go two Duke and two SU. Fair and Ennis have been on another level and the best team in the ACC should get two guys over the team that's not top 2 in the standings.

When you look at the head to head, Parker was Dukes best player, and Fair was ours, Hood was barely an after thought production wise in the game,

Next time around Hood could be the hero and force his way onto the list, but I don't see it.

Good topic! I vote for Hood out as well unless he goes nuts against us and forces himself back on the list like you say. I do think Warren belongs. He's pretty much unstoppable and very deserving. I'd like to see McDaniels on it as well but I doubt that will happen. Assuming SU finishes strong I think Ennis and Fair are locks. UNC is rapidly improving and I believe they continue it so Paige then deserves it.

Ennis
Paige
Warren
Parker
Fair

right now id say locks are:
parker
fair
mcdaniels

last 2 spots go to:
Patterson
Harris
Ennis
Paige

right now id have Patterson and Harris slightly ahead of Ennis and Paige
Other way around for me but I disagree McDaniels is a lock and last spot goes to Warren.. So it goes: Parkeer, Warren, Paige, Ennis, and Fair