All because we foul and don't get called for it. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All because we foul and don't get called for it.

It is all about reputation. If refs perceive you as a 'lock down defender' then you are. Your physicality is considered good defense. While completely wrong, it is what is it and there isn't a damn thing you, me, or most importantly JB can do about it. Perception is reality.

What JB can, and will, do about it is to prepare the team for war. Pitt knows how to attack the zone with great interior passing. We need to take those passing lanes away. Tyler and Trevor need to close off the entry pass to the high post. And we need to rebound with passion. We do these things and we will win this game. It's not about their defense. It's about ours. We will score our points against Pitt. This team is too talented not to.

I can't wait to get to the Dome on Saturday...It's going to be a war...

I think the illegal screen is not called often enough. Guys are consistently moving when screening in every game I watch, regardless of the team. More often than not the screener is moving. I was pretty sure they had to be set like when trying to take a charge. If you are there late or moving when contact happens its illegal. Am I wrong?

I think they would call a moving pick more often if it wasn't an offensive foul. If it only resulted in a turnover (loss of possession), I think that would encourage refs to call it more often.

Jamie Dixon looks like a cross between a badger and Steve Lappis. Beyond Impressive.
I've come to the conclusion that Dixon doesn't own a mirror. No way he combs his hair that way intentionally...no way.

Jamie Dixon looks like a cross between a badger and Steve Lappis. Beyond Impressive.
LOL I said that to my wife.

This dude looks like a badger! What

Exactly, I see Baye to that frequently as well. If they started calling that, players would be fouling out in the first half.

The ref's nail Baye at least one time per game for this. Not every time but they do call him for it.

image.jpg

Jamie Dixon.

The 3 most common fouls not called are physicality on cutters, on rebounds and on picks. Pitts defense has always played to bump and grab cutters, lean out and sometimes move on screens and grab and push on the boards. As a team built on efficiency who crashes the glass with reckless abandon this has helped them. Often times this results getting the other team frustrated for a lack of calls or just gets them into trying to match physicality and then they get called for more fouls. The emphasis this year was supposed to be on exactly that. So far its mixed returns and lots of banging and hammering cutters is still going on. When tourney time comes they tighten things up which prevents using this strategy to the same advantages pitt sees in the regular season. With a team focused on efficiency this reduces that efficiency and you are left with a team with few playmakers who doesnt have the athleticism or dynamic guard play to advance in the tourney.
Sometimes move on screens......thats like saying Syracuse someimes plays a 2-3 zone

LOL. Beaver? What's his name?

lol I forgot about that! (like I have with much of it, one of the benefits of not having a great memory is getting to laugh more/harder). Beaver!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom