All Big East teams... | Syracusefan.com

All Big East teams...

If you told me before the season started James's name would be nowhere to be found...

If you told me before the season started James's name would be nowhere to be found...

he has a role but one trick ponies generally don't make all star teams.

These teams are awful guard heavy.

16 total spots and 11 guards. Shouldn't the word "team" be used to note an actual collection of players you'd put on the floor at one time? I guess with that lineup Jay Wright would have to be the coach every year.

he has a role but one trick ponies generally don't make all star teams.

Right, but towards the end of last year he showed signs that he could do other things as well as shoot and many of us thought his overall game would come around. Of course it hasn't yet... And he isn't even the shooter we thought he would be this year.

Wow Collins kid from USF had a rough year. He was awesome at the end of last year. Just goes to show point guards need guys around them to be successful.

Nothing against james, i know he had a rough day yesterday, but pretty hard to get recognition on an all big east team when you miss one third of the big east season.

let's hear all the mcw hating . no way he's 2nd team all-big east in one of the best conferences in the country. nobody ever talks about his defense. coaches notice these things. you play on both sides of the court.

Damn, I had 5 of the 6. Thought Fair would get the nod ahead of Cotton.

Isn't it somewhat ironic that Siva and Triche both end up on the third team when so much more was expected of both of them.

let's hear all the mcw hating . no way he's 2nd team all-big east in one of the best conferences in the country. nobody ever talks about his defense. coaches notice these things. you play on both sides of the court.

probably the best defensive guard we have ever had (top 3 for sure). Kid will light up the NBA. He just isnt good in college. Well, not as good as we had hoped.

probably the best defensive guard we have ever had (top 3 for sure). Kid will light up the NBA. He just isnt good in college. Well, not as good as we had hoped.
In the NBA, you need to be able to get into the lane and distribute or run a pick and roll O. I'm not sure either of those are MCW's strengths.

What could you possibly base this on? He's great at steals but he takes off as many defensive plays as Scoop did last year. He watches as many three point shots as Scoop did last year. (Sorry about piling on Scoop but he was terrible defensively). MCW can rebound with the best of them, but his defense is not that good. And we've never seen him play man so we have no idea how he will play in the NBA. Smaller guards will eat him up much like they have in BE play this year.

Really? Now who's lighting it up? ;)

images

What could you possibly base this on? He's great at steals but he takes off as many defensive plays as Scoop did last year. He watches as many three point shots as Scoop did last year. (Sorry about piling on Scoop but he was terrible defensively). MCW can rebound with the best of them, but his defense is not that good. And we've never seen him play man so we have no idea how he will play in the NBA. Smaller guards will eat him up much like they have in BE play this year.

agree to disagree. kid moves his feet as well as any guard we have ever had. kid jumps in to passing lanes very well too. Also, in the NBA, fouls get called. He gets past his guy on offense at will but then panics in the lane when he gets bumped around with no calls.

But i was simply commenting on his defense. in my opinion, it is fantastic.

agree to disagree. kid moves his feet as well as any guard we have ever had. kid jumps in to passing lanes very well too. Also, in the NBA, fouls get called. He gets past his guy on offense at will but then panics in the lane when he gets bumped around with no calls.

But i was simply commenting on his defense. in my opinion, it is fantastic.

Agreed on his jumping into the passing lanes. He needs to continue to challenge jump shooters though. He followed Otto Porter on one play last game to where he was 35 feet from the ball and then when the ball was passed to the top of the key by the guy Brandon was guarding there was no one there to contest.

More ridiculous that an SU fan ridicules an SU player being rewarded.

Sent using my Commodore 64
He has disappeared the last three weeks, I'm happy for him, and he has been tremendous for three and a quarter seasons, just can't hit a shot at all. Wouldn't surprise me to find out after the season he has been battling an injury

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom