All Big East | Syracusefan.com

All Big East

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
who makes any of the three teams from us. And how about fair as 6th man instead of Dion?

Assuming the first team is only 6 guys as opposed to the 10 guys in past years I dont think anyone ends up on the first team. I would think Kris, Scoop and Fab will be on one of the 3 teams. Dion and CJ will probably battle it out for 6th man of the year. Fab probably gets most improved player.

I don't think any of SU make a first team of 6 players even though I think its faily obvious that Scoop is the best pg in the conference they will stack the first two teams with all the guys putting up big numbers.

We will get Scoop, Kris and Fab all on the top 3 teams somewhere.
CJ or Dion will get 6th man.
Fab will get Defensive POY.
Fab will get MIP.

who makes any of the three teams from us. And how about fair as 6th man instead of Dion?
Too bad they couldn't split the award right now.

Dion for the first 8 BE games: 14 ppg, 3 apg, 3 spg, 49% FG, 40% 3's
Dion for last 7: 9.3 ppg, 2.4 apg, 0.9 spg!, 37% FG, 22% 3's

CJ for first 8 BE games: 10.1 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 45% FG, 73% FT
CJ last 7 BE: 11.4 ppg, 6.6 rpg, 52% FG, 73% FT

Sure would be nice if Dion could get back to that first half of the BE season impact, especially defensively. His steals numbers are waaaay down.

Wayns had better come back this week, or he could be out.

I think Cooley will win Most Improved over Melo.

I do too. 14.4 ppg, 10.7 rpg, almost 2 blocks per game in conference is pretty awesome and unexpected. He might even push for BE POY...

Does anyone think making Crowder and DJO Co-BE POY would be completely crazy? If WVU keeps losing I don't think KJ will get it...

I think it goes Joseph, Scoop and Melo on teams 1-3, assuming they stick 10 guys on the 1st team again. The perception is Joseph is the go to guy, and he has been steady, logging the most minutes, so he gets the nod over Scoop for 1st team. Dion wins the 6th man award, again due to perception. He is considered first man off the bench although that is not always the case. And he has had plenty of highlights throughout the year to give him the nod over CJ.

Past history indicates that impressive stats always win out over actual valuable team play. Kevin Jones has great stats so he'll be POY. I don't think Fab will get most improved (though he deserves it). Henry Sims has far better scoring and rebounding stats.

Dion wins the 6th man award, again due to perception. He is considered first man off the bench although that is not always the case.

Actually that is rarely if ever the case.