All FCS Conferences, A10, AE, MAAC, Big West, Big East, WAC, Horizon Cancel Fall Sports | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All FCS Conferences, A10, AE, MAAC, Big West, Big East, WAC, Horizon Cancel Fall Sports

All that makes sense since those conferences and schools don't have the resources to manage under current circumstances.

P5 schools on the other hand should be able to implement procedures to mitigate (not eliminate) risk.

The risk profile for players (without underlying conditions) that want to play based on everything I've seen to date for their age group is negligible.

Obviously there are medical conditions for some players that would warrant them not participating, and there should be screening performed to pick those up.

Coaches, staff, game day workers have a different risk profile and would have to decide what they wanted to do as well.

And by the way, even with all the precautions some people are still going to get sick, and some might get really sick. Unless the object with all of this is to have everyone live in a bubble and never get a virus again (which by the way is never going to happen) we all have to get on with life.

The object was to flatten the curve, slow the spread, not overwhelm, build up knowledge for treatments and resources, not stop the disease in its tracks. The world is full of things that want to make us sick and kill us, just add this to the list and move on.

For a limited segment of the population (which can be isolated) this is really bad. For the rest of us, it's another virus.

Last edited:
All that makes sense since those conferences and schools don't have the resources to manage under current circumstances.

P5 schools on the other hand should be able to implement procedures to mitigate (not eliminate) risk.

The risk profile for players (without underlying conditions) that want to play based on everything I've seen to date for their age group is negligible.

Obviously there are medical conditions for some players that would warrant them not participating, and there should be screening performed to pick those up.

Coaches, staff, game day workers have a different risk profile and would have to decide what they wanted to do as well.

And by the way, even with all the precautions some people are still going to get sick, and some might get really sick. Unless the object with all of this is to have everyone live in a bubble and never get a virus again (which by the way is never going to happen) we all have to get on with life.

The object was to flatten the curve, slow the spread, not overwhelm, build up knowledge for treatments and resources, not stop the disease in its tracks. The world is full of things that want to make us sick and kill us, just add this to the list and move on.

For a limited segment of the population (which can be isolated) this is really bad. For the rest of us, it's another virus.
We, in the USA, didn't do a good job of this in April, May, June, and July. I would not make the assumption we are going to do what is necessary going forward.

We, in the USA, didn't do a good job of this in April, May, June, and July. I would not make the assumption we are going to do what is necessary going forward.

other than a brief period in nyc in April where was any system overwhelmed?

doing what is necessary is bringing resources and research to bear to mitigate and manage, which is what is being done publicly and privately

putting the country in a bubble was never an option

$9000 enough ? Lol doesn’t even cover 3 months of a mid range college tuition
How about in April they should have simply locked us down and pushed all bills back a month for 1 year I said take a quick blow instead of a slow drawn out death but I and most are nobody to listen to

yeah cause if you owed me money I’d be ok with you not paying me.

yeah cause if you owed me money I’d be ok with you not paying me.
Point is you wouldn’t pay what ever you owe either until the following month it’s a total freeze for everyone