All the JC transfer rumors can be put to rest | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All the JC transfer rumors can be put to rest

As I noted before I was told he is unhappy and thats why I mentioned that I wouldn't be surprised if he transferred. I didn't say he was a lock to transfer but from what I was told it seemed like a very realistic possibility. Secondly how many times has a player said something similar to this and then a few weeks or months later he bolts. I certainly hope he stays (god knows we need a PG bad) and realizes that he's going to get first crack as the starting guard.
I believe the lesson here is that you should stop listening to that source.

I imagine they're telling him lots of things including (1) stop turning the ball over (probably a little more detailed than that :)) and (2) stay aggressive.

It's no small matter for JC to both fulfill his main value (speed) while eliminating the mistakes. I don't think words from the coaches can make that happen. I think it's time and practice.

since we're all experts at reading body language, that new profile pic screams to me, "Oh shiite, they have Tyus doubled, now I only see Chewy open. Should I throw it to him, or dribble drive? But I picked up my dribble!?! Now what!?! Ahhhh! Timeout, timeout, timeout!!!"

Fantastic. I can only see that now.

I imagine they're telling him lots of things including (1) stop turning the ball over (probably a little more detailed than that :)) and (2) stay aggressive.

It's no small matter for JC to both fulfill his main value (speed) while eliminating the mistakes. I don't think words from the coaches can make that happen. I think it's time and practice.
Are they actually telling him to stay aggressive tho? He seems like he's been told don't shoot.

He will get serious run next year --- he has to improve on taking care of the basketball, but it's clear as day he is oozing with talent to me. I don't believe the 1 was his primary position for most of his HS career, so I feel an off season will do him wonders and when it is all said and done, the kid will beast here.

Are they actually telling him to stay aggressive tho? He seems like he's been told don't shoot.
Yeah. Not sure about shooting. I was thinking about penetrating, which is where he gets into trouble.

The thing I don’t get is why don’t JB just sit down with him and explain what he is and isn’t doing so he can improve and let him know hard work trumps all things. I’m not saying he didn’t but it looks like he didn’t. Hope he can turn our recruiting around a bit and be percieved as a kids coach which I’m pretty sure won’t happen but I want it too. Hop was great at that.

Why would you think this hasn’t happened?

The first time Carey either didn’t play or barely played, I remember seeing Boeheim talking to him on the bench towards the end of the game(outcome was decided by then). Felt/looked like he was explaining why he didn’t get back in. I’m sure JC knows where he stands and why. At that level, it would be absurd if he didn’t. There’s 4 coaches and they spend an awful lot of time together.

Whether the young man stays or goes - he needs to work on his game if he expects minutes. I hope it is here as I like having a guard who actually looks fast, but he still needs to put in work wherever he ends up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom