all the main guys contributed | Syracusefan.com

all the main guys contributed

and played well enough for us to win

battle. brissett. marek. chukwu

unfortunately 1 guy played so horrifically bad that we couldnt overcome it.

Not his best game but Howard wasn’t nearly as bad as you suggest. We ran into a tough team, played well but not well enough. Lots of things you could point to. Brissett was awful in the first half.

and played well enough for us to win

battle. brissett. marek. chukwu

unfortunately 1 guy played so horrifically bad that we couldnt overcome it.

Yeah Brissett turned it on in the 2H and played much better. Battle played a very good game as did Dolejaz.

Not his best game but Howard wasn’t nearly as bad as you suggest. We ran into a tough team, played well but not well enough. Lots of things you could point to. Brissett was awful in the first half.

so those lob passes werent that bad? 1-6 from the floor wasnt that bad? missed front end of 1 and 1 late in game wasnt that bad? come on

Stop just stop. Everyone else buster their ass out there. Frank mailed in his effort and made the worst decisions I have seen all year. Duke played mediocre and we win this game if Frank doesn't all over the floor.

Howard wasn’t good tonight. Wasn’t the sole reason we lost. 36 and 20 from Bagley and Carter had something to do with it as well.

we werent gonna hold duke to 53 pts like mich st. duke was gonna get theirs, we needed our main guys to play well offensively to win. they did, except frank

Some times you wonder what game people are watching.

what I was watching says you guys only look for the bad in someone and ignore the good. frank battled. he led the team with 8 rebs. he had 5 assts tying with tyus for the team high. he played good defense. yea he was 1-6 but its not like he was 2-15, he wasn't playing hero ball. he took one bad shot, the step back 3 in the first half. he was looking to facilitate the offense moving guys trying to find someone underneath or at the foul line even if the pass came from someone else. yea, I agree he tried too many alley oops. but nobody complained about the successful ones. some of you just want something to complain about. no one person cost us. I can name 50 plays that something went wrong involving everyone.

we werent gonna hold duke to 53 pts like mich st. duke was gonna get theirs, we needed our main guys to play well offensively to win. they did, except frank

So foul trouble wasn’t a factor? Brissett’s struggles attacking in the first half and missed dunk didn’t hurt? The sheer physical advantage of Bagley and Carter were non-factors? Tough game for frank. It hurt us. If you want to subscribe to a painfully simple narrative go ahead.

Stop just stop. Everyone else buster their ass out there. Frank mailed in his effort and made the worst decisions I have seen all year. Duke played mediocre and we win this game if Frank doesn't all over the floor.
Frank didn't mail in his effort. He tried as hard as he could. He hustled. He battled. He didn't shoot well and made some bad passes. But he didn't cost us the game.

Frank didn't mail in his effort. He tried as hard as he could. He hustled. He battled. He didn't shoot well and made some bad passes. But he didn't cost us the game.

Exactly. Gosh after the run this team had, I don't have the energy to be critical. But I guess some people have to be the way they are.

No, he did not. That loose ball early in the second half was his if he tried at all. He did not run out at Allen/Trent at least twice. He made HORRIBLE, lazy decisions with those oops. He generally had a cocky/lax attitude that made no sense given the stakes. Just so bad on so many levels: effort and execution.

Frank has played awful in the whole post season. Oshae had some lottery pick type quotes about himself before the game, Meh. The NBA scouts should just watch him throw the ball at the rim in the layup line. His shooting % has to be the worst in the history of the program. And he's not a guard. LOL We needed those two to shoot better than 6-21. Lastly, 7'2 misses dunks at the worst possible times. RU serious. It was a frustrating year, we could have been so much better. I don't think I can watch another year of Frank walking the ball up the court and watching the paint dry. No need to get into his real bad stats this post season but we overcame his flaws to get the sweet 16. We will never reach our potential with him as our point guard. PERIOD.

Agreed. Every team we played knew to get into Howard's grill. He'll be better, tougher next year for all of this.

No, he did not. That loose ball early in the second half was his if he tried at all. He did not run out at Allen/Trent at least twice. He made HORRIBLE, lazy decisions with those oops. He generally had a cocky/lax attitude that made no sense given the stakes. Just so bad on so many levels: effort and execution.

He obviously wasn't good, but he wasn't that bad.

agree 100000%. i cant believe the people defending frank. there were at least a couple duke 3s in 2nd half where frank didnt even bother giving a token run out to contest the shot. at least put a hand up! he literally turned to face the basket lol

Nobody bashed our players more every year than the OP...

Triche...
Cooney...
Lydon...
Howard...

Wonder who the next victim will be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online