All the talk of Dino’s system | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All the talk of Dino’s system

Since you're assuming that we have to mask talent deficiencies here and in the future, let's hear some ideas about how to mask it better.

We have a great pass rush. It was non existent vs MD who doesn’t have a great OL. Their QB knew pre snap where the ball was going. So all he had to do was catch the snap and throw.

The chances of SU having a strong OL every year is slim. Heck even in the 90s we weren’t all that good. Yet we masked that with system, coaching, and running QBs.

Backers couldn't shed blocks and couldn't tackle, they might as well not have been in the game.

Could have put cardboard cutouts in there and they would have played about the same.

Also, why can't we stop a slant pattern? I saw at least 7-10 slant patterns that were pretty much uncovered and almost every one was for 8+ yards.

Secondary was atrocious.

WR's gave upon routes, OL was bad...I mean wow, just wow. Appears that we learned how to block from bullfighters.

We are going to have a hard time with both Pitt and BC, they both run the ball really really well. And they both appear to have offensive lines that can block.

Have you watched Pitt? They *want* to run the ball, but are not great at all.

Have you watched Pitt? They *want* to run the ball, but are not great at all.
This team lost it's emotional leader and the EDGE that it had when Dungey was here.

They need to find someone to step up and lead it emotionally and get that edge and swagger back.

I remember growing up always hearing about the slant pattern and how it was “impossible to stop when ran good.” To the untrained eye it does seem hard to stop but the D has to find the way

The game we got smoked.

I’m not sure if Pitt and Maryland are in the same universe running the ball.

Maryland’s stats this year are not helpful yet since one of the games was vs us and the other FCS. But last year (with a coach on the brink of being fired), they were 10th nationally in yards per carry.

Pitt was #13 in yards per carry last year. They then graduated both of their 1000 Yd RBs and 4 OL. They are #99 so far this year.

I remember growing up always hearing about the slant pattern and how it was “impossible to stop when ran good.” To the untrained eye it does seem hard to stop but the D has to find the way
The one thing Shaf was good at was teaching man principles and stopping the slant. He always taught them to force fade because it’s easier to force them into one route and they go and get it. He talked about not looking back but looking up and leaning on kid almost forcing them outta bounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom