All this Jordan/Patterson stuff amazes me: | Syracusefan.com

All this Jordan/Patterson stuff amazes me:

Capt. Tuttle

Living Legend
Nobody here has seen either kid play, talked to their coaches, sat with the kid and their families, know which one works the hardest or has improved the most or has the most potential. No one has been "in the room" with the kids to judge their true interest. For all we know the staff figures Jordan will be a transfer candidate when he gets homesick.
No one has seen Cooney play in a year to judge if he could play 10-15 minutes a game on the ball.
I know its a message board for a free flow of opinions but some of the things people write about kids they know nothing about, who are making the biggest choices in their lives, just stun me. Truth be told, no one here has any clue which kid will be a better player. We get who we get, and we will win with them. We always do.
Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Nobody here has seen either kid play, talked to their coaches, sat with the kid and their families, know which one works the hardest or has improved the most or has the most potential. No one has been "in the room" with the kids to judge their true interest. For all we know the staff figures Jordan will be a transfer candidate when he gets homesick.
No one has seen Cooney play in a year to judge if he could play 10-15 minutes a game on the ball.
I know its a message board for a free flow of opinions but some of the things people write about kids they know nothing about, who are making the biggest choices in their lives, just stun me. Truth be told, no one here has any clue which kid will be a better player. We get who we get, and we will win with them. We always do.
In the words( as my memory has it)by one our founding fathers (rrlbees) "it's just water cooler talk".

The discussion of the process also amazes me.....People getting on kids for taking too long to decide, getting on the school for offering more kids than they have scholarships to give, getting upset because we don't have a fully stocked cupboard of 5 stars set up for the early signing period. Shows a complete lack of perspective and lack of understanding of how the process works. Much of this is how its always been the only thing that has changed is our access to some of the details of the process because the recruits now have a forum in twitter, facebook, recruiting forums and the plethora of pundits looking for something novel to say or write.

opinions are like...you know the rest. i agree, im at fault for all of thee above. but in my defense, its been a slow week at work and im pumped cuse basketball season is back! as a side note, i really enjoy this stuff and dont care if others dont like my opinion or views

In the words( as my memory has it)by one our founding fathers (rrlbees) "it's just water cooler talk".
Its not. Its for all the world to see.

whats your concern here? are we scaring recruits away that may read this forum? or are you just personally bothered?

Wow! the normally inoculous Syracusefan forum gets contentious and the vitriol begins to fly! I certainly don't agree with some of the opinions which are posted here from time to time but that having been said, it's nothing to get up in arms about. The fact that we pretty much are in the dark as to the specifics of these recruits and don't have much to go on promotes the speculation. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, both uninformed and informed.

It's true that in the end we get who we get and we will win with whomever that may be. In the mean time it's interesting to see the opinions of others here whatever they may be. Soon the team will take to the hardwood and we'll have a plethora of things to wildly opine upon. It's only a matter of time and the Zone vs. Man meme will be in full bloom here.

Go Orange!

whats your concern here? are we scaring recruits away that may read this forum? or are you just personally bothered?
I am bothered that adults discount kids on line when they know nothing about them whereas the coaches know as much as they can about them.

you've been around here long enough captain to know that about 10% of the posters really understand recruiting and how it works, the rest are just off the wall opinions. and some people just like to see their name on a computer screen/smartphone.

I don't understand this rant. I'm just a schmuck on the internet, but I have seen both players play.

Are you saying I'm not allowed to have an opinion? I don't get it.

you've been around here long enough captain to know that about 10% of the posters really understand recruiting and how it works, the rest are just off the wall opinions. and some people just like to see their name on a computer screen/smartphone.

haha, ya...thats what it is.

Captain is correct...we try to keep the paid side info in the family...those of you continuing to discuss points of importance and go beyond the stealth of the board can only hurt 'Cuse...now cut it out and pass me another Jack&Coke

Captain is correct...we try to keep the paid side info in the family...those of you continuing to discuss points of importance and go beyond the stealth of the board can only hurt 'Cuse...now cut it out and pass me another Jack&Coke

jack-and-coke.jpg

The discussion of the process also amazes me.....People getting on kids for taking too long to decide, .

My favorite is when people on the board get on the parents for being too involved in where their own kid's go to college. Like Ishaq's dad. That's rich.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom