All time favorite player team | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

All time favorite player team

PG - Pearl
2G - Erich Santifer
C - Seikaly
SF - Rafael Addison
PF - Wallace! Wallace! Wallace!
6th - Stevie Thompson. Or Lucious Jackson, who I felt never got to demonstrate what he could with Moten around.

And for comic relief, Derek Brower, who when asked by JB to lose some weight, supposedly responded with
"I wasn't going to start over DC at 235, so why bother?"

Kev

PG - Pearl
2G - Erich Santifer
C - Seikaly
SF - Rafael Addison
PF - Wallace! Wallace! Wallace!
6th - Stevie Thompson. Or Lucious Jackson, who I felt never got to demonstrate what he could with Moten around.

And for comic relief, Derek Brower, who when asked by JB to lose some weight, supposedly responded with
"I wasn't going to start over DC at 235, so why bother?"

Kev
If you go by crowd response, Derek Brower is the winner, hands down.

from Derek Brower's profile -
Brower was perhaps the worst free throw shooter in Syracuse history, occasionally missing the entire basket when he shot. He became a central figure in the NCAA implementing the 'intentional foul' rule for basketball. In the NCAA tournament his junior season, Western Kentucky decided their best chance of overcoming a large Syracuse lead was to deliberately foul Brower before Syracuse would inbound the basketball. This resulted in the comical site of Brower running around the court (without the ball) trying to avoid being intentionally fouled by Western Kentucky players. The strategy was somewhat effective for the Hilltoppers as Brower went 0-6 from the free throw line. The NCAA changed the rules the following summer, giving a team two free throws and possession of the ball if the referee deemed a fouled was intentional.

He had multiple years of shooting less than 40% from the line. He looked like a giant dufus but he was actually graceful. Can you imagine the sight of a superstar like DC or RS going to the bench to be replaced by an oversized goof? Whether it was comic relief or wonderment, his appearance always brought the house down.

Combo G - Dennis Duval (ended his Globetrotter routine with a behind the back, under the leg layup)
PG - Sherm (made between the legs pass at the Garden)
C - Rosie (came from a really small town; seven-foot plus with the Afro)
SF - Mark Wadach (really small forward at 6'2")
PF - Rick Jackson (a four-year work that ended with him mastering the boards)
Nothing like a Dennis Duval warm up to "It's All right" Best entertainment in Syracuse history!!!

Okay...
PG-Pearl
SG-G-Mac
Owens and Coleman...
Seikaly!!!

I could name name fifteen more... but I won't.
Bench-Sherm and Arinze. And Stevie!!

My team wouldn't be nearly as good as some of the other teams on here, but hey my favorite players are not usually the team's star. My team would definitely out hustle most teams tho ;)

G: Gery McNamara
G: Mike Hopkins
SF: Kristof Ongenaet
PF: Derrick Coleman
C: Baye Moussa Keita

This team would get every loose ball and there would be blood on one of them every time out! Love it.

Gotta have Dave Bing in there. The guy single-handedly launched Orange BB into the big time. Without him there is no program.

C - I gotta cop out & say a tie between Rosy & Rony

PF - DC

SF - Melo (who else ???)

2G - Mike H - I just loved his style & hustle

PG - The Sherm

PG - Sherman Douglas
SG - Lawrence Moten
SF - Josh Pace
PF - Billy Owens
C - Arinze Onuaku

Neither where my absolute favorite guards but they are up there on the list and I loved the Philly flare and swagger they brought. This is a team I;d have loved to see play.

Scoop
Dion
Shump or DNic (for their sharp shooting)
DC
AO
Bench: Andy as a swing 2/3 and kOng because he was awesome.

Nothing like a Dennis Duval warm up to "It's All right" Best entertainment in Syracuse history!!!
The Duval warmup with thumping bass beat, dust rising in the air, fans on top of the court... Too bad for all the newbies that will never witness the genesis from Roy's Runts.

This is the team (I'm only keeping Bing off the team because I never saw him play):

1. PG - Pearl (after David Bing, the greatest player to ever put on an SU uniform)
2. SG - Sherman - Have to go with two PGs, because Sherman was so much better than any other guard after Pearl
3. SF - Billy Owens - Probably the most talented player in the modern era
4. PF - Carmelo Anthony - What else is their to say.
5. C - Derrick Coleman - The greatest big man to ever put on a SU uniform. Realize he is not really a center, but these three forwards are so far greater than any center in SU history, decided to go with 3 forwards.

Bench -Billy Owens (picking between Owens and Melo is impossible - could easily slip him into that spot)
John Wallace - carried SU on his back in 96
Stephen Thompson (most underrated player - amazing athlete)
Lawrence Moten - what a scorer
Rony Seikaly and Roosevelt Bouie - best centers in SU history
Rafael Addison

That is one crazy team!!!

CNY team

PG- Laz Sims
SG- Marty Headd
Sf- Vic Hanson
PF- Dajaun Coleman
C- Danny Schayes

Bench- Dale Shackleford, Manny Breland, Howard Triche, Brandon Triche, Andy Rautins,

Western NY team
PG- Jonny Flynn
SG- Gary Clark
SF- Marty Byrnes
PF- John Wallace
C- Roosevelt Bouie

Bench- Jimmy Williams, Greg Monroe, Paul Harris, , Damone Brown, Ryan Blackwell, Jim Boeheim

All Pa team
PG- Jardine
SG- McNamara
SF- Billy Owens
PF- Warrick
C- Jackson

Bench- Waiters, Christmas, Celuk,

All NYC/LI team
PG- Pearl Washington
SG- Denis Duval
SF- Red Bruin
PF- Rudy Hackett
C- Otis Hill,

Bench- Adrian Autry, Vinnie Cohen, Greg Kohls, Wendell Alexis, Conrad McRae, Gene Waldron, Andre Hawkins

All Foreign team
PG- Ennis
SG- Leo Rautins
SF- Kris Joseph
PF- Ognenaet
C- Ron Seikaly

Bench- Duany, Keita, Fab, Papadakos

All NJ team
PG- DeShaun Williams
SG- Paul Kartluke
SF- Raf Addison
PF- Terrence Roberts
C- Mookie Watkins

Bench- Michael Edwards, Eddie Stickel, Billy Thompson,

All DC/Maryland team
PG- Sherman Douglas
SG- Dave Bing
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Donte Greene
C- Arinze Onuaku

Bench- Lawrence Moten, Billy Edelin, CJ Fair, Jerami Grant, Herman Harried, Michael Lloyd

Best teams- DC, NYC, PA, Western NY, Syr, Foreign, NJ

CNY team
All Foreign team
PG- Ennis
SG- Leo Rautins
SF- Kris Joseph
PF- Ognenaet
C- Ron Seikaly

Where's Marius Janulis? He hit a game-winning 3 for SU in the NCAA tournament after all!

Manny Breland! My junior high science teacher.
CNY team

PG- Laz Sims
SG- Marty Headd
Sf- Vic Hanson
PF- Dajaun Coleman
C- Danny Schayes

Bench- Dale Shackleford, Manny Breland, Howard Triche, Brandon Triche, Andy Rautins,

Western NY team
PG- Jonny Flynn
SG- Gary Clark
SF- Marty Byrnes
PF- John Wallace
C- Roosevelt Bouie

Bench- Jimmy Williams, Greg Monroe, Paul Harris, , Damone Brown, Ryan Blackwell, Jim Boeheim

All Pa team
PG- Jardine
SG- McNamara
SF- Billy Owens
PF- Warrick
C- Jackson

Bench- Waiters, Christmas, Celuk,

All NYC/LI team
PG- Pearl Washington
SG- Denis Duval
SF- Red Bruin
PF- Rudy Hackett
C- Otis Hill,

Bench- Adrian Autry, Vinnie Cohen, Greg Kohls, Wendell Alexis, Conrad McRae, Gene Waldron, Andre Hawkins

All Foreign team
PG- Ennis
SG- Leo Rautins
SF- Kris Joseph
PF- Ognenaet
C- Ron Seikaly

All NJ team
PG- DeShaun Williams
SG- Paul Kartluke
SF- Raf Addison
PF- Terrence Roberts
C- Mookie Watkins

Bench- Michael Edwards, Eddie Stickel, Billy Thompson,

All DC/Maryland team
PG- Sherman Douglas
SG- Dave Bing
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Donte Greene
C- Arinze Onuaku

Bench- Lawrence Moten, Billy Edelin, CJ Fair, Jerami Grant, Herman Harried, Michael Lloyd

Best teams- DC, NYC, PA, Western NY, Syr, Foreign, NJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom