All-Time SU Hardnosed team | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All-Time SU Hardnosed team

Tomcat called Jim Collins, a MLB who hit anything that moved. He played briefly alongside one of my favorite hardnoses, Craig Bingham, who even delivered hits on would-be tacklers after intercepting a pass. Craig Wolfley's another hardnose from that vintage. SS Tim Sandquist nearly beheaded the Florida receivers on several occasions in 1991.

Siriki Diabate - kid's life story is awe-inspiring, he was a leader on the field, and more importantly, off the field.

Art Jones - he was a ridic DT, and DT's have to be hardnosed.

Clifton Smith - amazing 4 year starter at Cuse

Jameel Dumas - he was at the beginning of the tranformation of the LB position, loved watching him fly

Rob Long - 'nuff said

Dwight Freeney - ate Mike Vick's lunch before it was even in the bag

Shamarko - lost both parents and grandmother, basically raised his 8 siblings, pushed his car uphill for a workout, future Steeler great

Delone Carter - 59" biceps, mean right hook, returned from dislocated hip to continue steam-rolling dudes

Ryan Bartholomew - center with a nasty mean streak, ridiculous weight room numbers

Doug Marrone - former big nasty, great NFL mind, re-ignited SU football and brought the Mr. HARD-NOSED to SU

It was Bryce Bevill. I have evidence and everything.

Now I want to use that ref's nuts as a speed bag all over again. Old farts who throw excessive celebration flags at that point in the game...it really pisses me off!

Jim Collins. Donovin Darius, Bill Hurley. Moose Johnston (Car windows everywhere feared him!)

Glad SUTOMCAT mentioned Tim Pidgeon. When he tackled a guy, everybody in the place knew who made the tackle.

Maybe we should also give a nod to Dyshaun Davis, who made the biggest hit I've ever seen in the Dome:

Marvin Harrison and Keith Bulluck
Not sure I can go with Harrison as hardnosed. Bulluck, on the other hand, built himself up to an allpro NFL linebacker after coming to college as a 200lb safety. I remember him on kickoff coverage his junior year, when many of the starters played on special teams, he flew through the air superman style and grabbed the return man by the shoulders throwing him to the ground. Dude never saw it coming.

It was Bryce Bevill. I have evidence and everything.

Great find on the video. Watching that, I'm still pretty sure that Kevin Abrams is my all-time favorite player. He set a bar that no SU corner has met (though the guy who wears his number on this year's team is a pretty good one).

Walter Reyes. Still remember a quote from one of D.R stories where he mentioned not running to the light but always looking for someone to run over. That's pretty hard nosed
The Walter Reyes years were when I had my season tickets.

Doug Womack.

Loved that we had a fast back-up QB being used as a DB for safety blitzes. He blew up a few QBs on those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom