All Time Teams for Rivalry week matches | Syracusefan.com

All Time Teams for Rivalry week matches

Wait...they think that Jonny Flynn would start at point guard for our all-time team?

54b3e46b_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

Wait...they think that Jonny Flynn would start at point guard for our all-time team?

54b3e46b_not-sure-if-serious.jpeg

That's truly stunning. Pearl and Sherman aren't exactly little known names that should be hard to remember for an ESPN writer to know!

I'd select MCW, Douglas, or Pearl (in that order) over Flynn. And I'd pick Orr over West.

UCLA, Georgetown, and North Carolina have the best teams.

Nothing against Flynn, but has espn ever heard of Pearl Washington and Sherm Douglass before?
Just to clarify - this wasn't an ESPN article. ESPN just found the link and posted it. It's from a site called Elite Daily.

Rivalry week matchups? Hmm seems odd that the team we are actually playing is nowhere to be found, while we're paired with a mid-major.

That looks like something that was done in 2012 or 2013 and "updated" with today's date.

Just to clarify - this wasn't an ESPN article. ESPN just found the link and posted it. It's from a site called Elite Daily.
That's a problem.
ESPN posting a link to a website that doesn't seem to know very much about college basketball.
It diminshes ESPN's brand.

First of all, the only matchup for us is G-town.
UConn is disliked.
G-town is LOOOAAATHED (in a way that some unfortunate SU fans who came of age during the time G-town was in the tank don't seem to quite comprehend. But, trust me, it goes WAAAAYYYY beyond the feelings against UConn).

There is absolutely no way that Jonny Flynn is our best point guard ever.
Maybe not even in the top 5.

Similarly...Jay Williams was good at Duke.
No way he makes the all-time team over guys like Johnny Dawkins, Dick Groat, Tommy Amaker (a terrific point) and others.

But the biggest joke...the one for which there is no possible excuse...the one that shows these people know almost nothing about basketball and don't deserve to be mentioned by any self-respecting sports outlet: how do you not have JERRY LUCAS on the all-time Ohio State team?
He's only...I dunno...the greatest Buckeye player EVER. Career averages of 24.3 points and 17.2 rebounds. Right: 17.2 rebounds a game was his 3-season career average.
Yes, yes, I know...those stats shouldn't count because back in the day they wore short shorts.

That's a problem.
ESPN posting a link to a website that doesn't seem to know very much about college basketball.

UConn is disliked.
G-town is LOOOAAATHED (in a way that some unfortunate SU fans who came of age during the time G-town was in the tank don't seem to quite comprehend. But, trust me, it goes WAAAAYYYY beyond the feelings against UConn).

No way he makes the all-time team over guys like Johnny Dawkins, Dick Groat, Tommy Amaker (a terrific point) and others.

But the biggest joke...the one for which there is no possible excuse...the one that shows these people know almost nothing about basketball and don't deserve to be mentioned by any self-respecting sports outlet: how do you not have JERRY LUCAS on the all-time Ohio State team?
He's only...I dunno...the greatest Buckeye player EVER. Career averages of 24.3 points and 17.2 rebounds. Right: 17.2 rebounds a game was his 3-season career average.
Yes, yes, I know...those stats shouldn't count because back in the day they wore short shorts.
They also don't have David Thompson on the all-time NC State team.

That's a problem.

UConn is disliked.

The Lucas omission was criminal.

On the other side: how did Tim Thomas ever make the Villanova team? I don't know that much about the Wildcats' history, but they must have had someone who had a career that surpassed his one mediocre season.

The Lucas omission was criminal.

On the other side: how did Tim Thomas ever make the Villanova team? I don't know that much about the Wildcats' history, but they must have had someone who had a career that surpassed his one mediocre season.
Someone bring John Pinone over here cuz I still want to punch him in the face.

The master of the illegal screen.
Speaking of illegal.

"Pinone pleaded guilty in October 2010 to a misdemeanor of filing a false tax return and in December 2010 was sentenced to six months of home confinement, six months probation and a $10,000 fine."

Do they have the big Seton Hall- Rutgers rivalry featuring greats like Quincy Douby and Ty Shine??

I know Pat Forde would love that!

That's a problem.
As if they don't already do enough in-house to diminish their brand...

SU/ Georgetown hasn't hasn't been the same rivalry in twenty years. I'll take UConn any day.

Also, our all time team has no center?

Terrible job all around. A clear case of just throwing recent guys on everybody's team that he knows from the NBA.

Do they have the big Seton Hall- Rutgers rivalry featuring greats like Quincy Douby and Ty Shine??
Quincy Douby works in any quip. The name sounds great as a punch line.

They also don't have David Thompson on the all-time NC State team.
Didn't even look at NC State.
But the Thompson omission is as bad as leaving Jerry Lucas out of Ohio State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom