All Time Teams for Rivalry week matches | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All Time Teams for Rivalry week matches

SU/ Georgetown hasn't hasn't been the same rivalry in twenty years. I'll take UConn any day.

Also, our all time team has no center?
A program's success, great 6OT games or level of talent doesn't make a rivalry.

UConn is like the neighbor who didn't return the new coffee maker he borrowed. I don't like him.
G-town is the guy who tried to run over your kid. I LOOOAAAATHE him with every fiber of my being! And it's permanent...forever...no matter what else in the world changes.

Didn't even look at NC State.
But the Thompson omission is as bad as leaving Jerry Lucas out of Ohio State.
I mean, right? David Thompson IS NC State basketball.

A program's success, great 6OT games or level of talent doesn't make a rivalry.

UConn is like the neighbor who didn't return the new coffee maker he borrowed. I don't like him.
G-town is the guy who tried to run over your kid. I LOOOAAAATHE him with every fiber of my being! And it's permanent...forever...no matter what else in the world changes.

Meh. To me the gtown rivalry had been stale since 1998. Jim Calhoun was far more hatable than Craig Echerick or JT 3.

it's also hard for me to hate a team that has pretty much sucked for that time as well. But that's just me,and I know I'm in the minority on this.

Meh. To me the gtown rivalry had been stale since 1998. Jim Calhoun was far more hatable than Craig Echerick or JT 3.

it's also hard for me to hate a team that has pretty much sucked for that time as well. But that's just me,and I know I'm in the minority on this.

Disagree. Take 2013, the last season for example. I have little recollection of the UConn game that season. I remember the GTown matchups well. I doubt I'm alone.

There was a time(Esherick era) when the UConn matchup was clearly bigger and better because they were our primary competition and Georgetown was terrible. But I'd say from the mid 2000's on, the GTown rivalry became strong again and at least on par with the UConn one.

That's a problem.
ESPN posting a link to a website that doesn't seem to know very much about college basketball.
It diminshes ESPN's brand.

First of all, the only matchup for us is G-town.
UConn is disliked.
G-town is LOOOAAATHED (in a way that some unfortunate SU fans who came of age during the time G-town was in the tank don't seem to quite comprehend. But, trust me, it goes WAAAAYYYY beyond the feelings against UConn).

There is absolutely no way that Jonny Flynn is our best point guard ever.
Maybe not even in the top 5.

Similarly...Jay Williams was good at Duke.
No way he makes the all-time team over guys like Johnny Dawkins, Dick Groat, Tommy Amaker (a terrific point) and others.

But the biggest joke...the one for which there is no possible excuse...the one that shows these people know almost nothing about basketball and don't deserve to be mentioned by any self-respecting sports outlet: how do you not have JERRY LUCAS on the all-time Ohio State team?

He's only...I dunno...the greatest Buckeye player EVER. Career averages of 24.3 points and 17.2 rebounds. Right: 17.2 rebounds a game was his 3-season career average.
Yes, yes, I know...those stats shouldn't count because back in the day they wore short shorts.

Amaker over Williams? Tommy was a good point, but come on

Douglas/MCW
Bing
Melo
Owens
Coleman

Is what I'd have.

I really want to put Dion on there, but i cannot.

Douglas/MCW
Bing
Melo
Owens
Coleman

Is what I'd have.

Agreed, I have seen All Time teams leaving Owens off which is criminal

Douglas/MCW
Bing
Melo
Owens
Coleman

Is what I'd have.

No way is MCW ahead of Pearl on any list, but Bing/Melo/Owens/Coleman should be an absolute given for 2-5.

No way is MCW ahead of Pearl on any list, but Bing/Melo/Owens/Coleman should be an absolute given for 2-5.
I think had MCW stayed he would've graduated with a National Championship and a bigger impact than Pearl. That's my opinion and my orange glasses are stapled to my head.

They also don't have David Thompson on the all-time NC State team.

He must have gotten killed over this because Pearl Washington David Thompson and Jerry Lucas are now all starting (on the elitedaily site). I'm sure there are some other changes as well.

It must have been difficult for him to replace the legend that is Lawrence Funderburke with that schlub Lucas.

Disagree. Take 2013, the last season for example. I have little recollection of the UConn game that season. I remember the GTown matchups well. I doubt I'm alone.

There was a time(Esherick era) when the UConn matchup was clearly bigger and better because they were our primary competition and Georgetown was terrible. But I'd say from the mid 2000's on, the GTown rivalry became strong again and at least on par with the UConn one.

Syracuse will "leave the Big East with a bad taste of UCONN in their mouth"

Nope. Remember it well. Though I have a good memory, and it was three Gtown games to one UConn game.

I would not have had Stephon Marbury as GT's point guard (Sadly I can think of a better one.)

Syracuse will "leave the Big East with a bad taste of UCONN in their mouth"

Nope. Remember it well. Though I have a good memory, and it was three Gtown games to one UConn game.

The way I remember it, the quote ended with "in they mouf".

would of put jason hart over flynn also g-town rivalry was dead when big john retired

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom