Allegations Make Me Sick... | Syracusefan.com

Allegations Make Me Sick...

newmexicuse

All Conference
P e d o p h I l I ais beneath contempt.

At this point in time more information needs to come out. I certainly hope that if any ex-players or coaches have this information that they will not be silent.

In hearing about the allegations it would seem to me that things like the travel and the sharing of hotel rooms would be easy to corroborate if true. I also wonder about Davis having been a ball boy for six years. Is that the norm ? Is taking ball boys on these trips the norm ? If so, do they get their own rooms, travel with their parents, or stay in rooms with (innocent) adult supervision ? I would like to know how all of that usually works.

If the travel and hotel room sharing are true, it would also seem like it would be hard for Jimmy to have been totally unaware of those things for a 6+ year period if they had occurred. If true, did Jimmy have his head in the sand or was there some other reasonable explanation for Bernie and Davis being together ?

All in all - I have a very bad feeling about this. I hope those feeling turn out to be ill founded, but clearly, at this stage of the game, questions need to be answered. Bernie should not be wrongfully assumed guilty, but neither should fans blindly rush to his defense without getting satisfactory answers.

Watch espn's interview with the 2 accusers and your bad feeling should start to go away.

Watch espn's interview with the 2 accusers and your bad feeling should start to go away.
Granted. But there are still questions to answer - or at least some points (as newmexico alludes to above) to be addressed.

I watched the interview. I did not come away with any particular feeling that they were lying. Conversely, I also did not come away with any particular feeling that they were beyond reproach. If they were truly victoms, they might have different body language than you or I might have if interviewed about any innocent topic such as how KJ played in our last game. This is very different. I really don't know how to ascertain interview credability by a possible child abuse victom (now grown up). That is why in my original post I tried to focus my questions on "objective" easily verifiable facts that could shed some light on the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom