Allen Griffin | NoDestination | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Allen Griffin | NoDestination

How often has a player turned his back on his team and fans, transferred out, then transferred back (apparently to the open arms of those he spurned)?

That would have to be a first.

I won’t hold my breath.

How often has a player turned his back on his team and fans, transferred out, then transferred back (apparently to the open arms of those he spurned)?

I won’t hold my breath.
Literally all of the time

Well, no. But some of the time? Maybe. I assume you have examples to share?

We are in new territory with the portal, for sure.

Last edited:

I won’t hold my breath.
Some of you guys need to fact check yourselves before speaking in certainty on here. Returning back to a school after transferring out is a thing that happens in the transfer portal era. The most high caliber one this offseason was probably Meechie Johnson. Ohio State to South Carolina back to Ohio State.

Last edited:
Well, no. But some of the time? Maybe. I assume you have examples to share?

It hasn’t happened at Syracuse in the decades I’ve watched, but we’re in new territory with the portal now.

Some of you guys need to fact check yourselves before speaking in certainty on here. Returning back to a school after transferring out is a thing that happens in the transfer portal era. The most high caliber one this offseason was probably Meechie Johnson. Ohio St to South Carolina to back to Ohio State.

It’s not an easy thing to lookup. I did come across a Reddit thread that was able to come up with half a dozen names, though. Rare but more common than I expected

So, literally not all of the time. Check ;)

I’ll take my medicine, though.

Not looking forward to Kadary being here, in the same way I wouldn’t look forward to my ex knocking on my door. Others seem happier being cucked.

Last edited:

Not looking forward to Kadary being here, in the same why I wouldn’t look forward to my ex knocking on my door. Others seem happier being cucked.
Can't hold grudges if you want to win imho and I think Kadary makes us better as the roster sits right now.

Can't hold grudges if you want to win imho and I think Kadary makes us better as the roster sits right now.

He’s talented. He’s not a facilitator and not a shooter. I don’t know if his defense has gotten better but I assume it’s good when he’s motivated. He won’t make us worse, at the very least.

It’s hard not to hold a grudge against a guy who flipped the fans the bird (metaphorically). I’ll ultimately root for the team on the floor because there’s nothing to be done about it, but the bad taste will be hard to wash out.

Not looking forward to Kadary being here, in the same way I wouldn’t look forward to my ex knocking on my door. Others seem happier being cucked.
You think those are the only examples? Go look at Trilly Donovan's Twitter. It happens so often that there is a phrase for it. "Marfo" for a dude who left Quinnipiac and then came back. So, yeah, literally all of the time. And takes one to know one to your last sentence.

You think those are the only examples? Go look at Trilly Donovan's Twitter. It happens so often that there is a phrase for it. "Marfo" for a dude who left Quinnipiac and then came back. So, yeah, literally all of the time. And takes one to know one to your last sentence.

I don’t have a Twitter account. I did go check, though. Thanks for the resource. Still far from common. Like very far from remotely common by the loosest definition possible.

I’m sorry you’re, wrong I guess? Idk what you want here. I did admit it’s more common than I thought. Not sure what else I can do.

Sorry you think I’m a cuck. Truly sorry, pal.

Last edited:
For those curious, idk why you would be, this is a silly conversation, the percentage of ‘Marfo’ transfers is under 1%, closer to 0.5% using somewhat readily available numbers from the last 2 seasons.

I regret spending the time on this to get to those numbers.

The mob will rule, though, as is the way.

Last edited:
What's a cuck?!
Man Utd Smile GIF by Manchester United

He’s talented. He’s not a facilitator and not a shooter. I don’t know if his defense has gotten better but I assume it’s good when he’s motivated. He won’t make us worse, at the very least.

It’s hard not to hold a grudge against a guy who flipped the fans the bird (metaphorically). I’ll ultimately root for the team on the floor because there’s nothing to be done about it, but the bad taste will be hard to wash out.

Not a facilitator? How do you figure? He runs the point and put up 5.1 apg last year. Also on defense averaged a career high in steals on the 33rd ranked team in adj def per Ken Pom.

He’s by no means perfect hence the fact he isn’t a pro yet but as for a college PG he’s everything you want minus the 3pt shooting. He offsets the shooting with how effective he is at everything else.

Not a facilitator? How do you figure? He runs the point and put up 5.1 apg last year. Also on defense averaged a career high in steals on the 33rd ranked team in adj def per Ken Pom.

He’s by no means perfect hence the fact he isn’t a pro yet but as for a college PG he’s everything you want minus the 3pt shooting. He offsets the shooting with how effective he is at everything else.

And that’s a real shame. Judah is so talented. So often his assists were last second bailing himself out and he rarely pushed the ball. I feel like he could have averaged 7+ just by looking to set others up first, another 25% of the time. Then he could’ve played off of that, and his own offense would’ve been easier, especially as a guy who struggled to consistently hit long jumpers. I also feel like his jumpshot could benefit 5 to 8 percentage points with some basic mechanical fixes. Surely somebody’s told him to point his feet in a different direction and to get squared up.

And that’s a real shame. Judah is so talented. So often his assists were last second bailing himself out and he rarely pushed the ball. I feel like he could have averaged 7+ just by looking to set others up first, another 25% of the time. Then he could’ve played off of that, and his own offense would’ve been easier, especially as a guy who struggled to consistently hit long jumpers. I also feel like his jumpshot could benefit 5 to 8 percentage points with some basic mechanical fixes. Surely somebody’s told him to point his feet in a different direction and to get squared up.

Judah? We are talking Kadary here :)

I won’t hold my breath.
Spurned is a little melodramatic, don’t you think. It’s just basketball.

Notable quotes.

"He (JB) was very intense, in latter years he mellowed out..."

"So...Jason Hart turned the ball over, coach yelling at me, I was like DUDE WHY ARE YOU COMING AT ME I AM NOT EVEN IN THE GAME I WAS SITTING NEXT TO YOU!"

"They (Freeman & Moore) need to grind, they need to be grinders."

"Get ready for some popcorn" (TWICE in the context of portal recruiting)

"We want to put together a TEAM" (implying past season was not a team)

i really liked this interview...didnt really have much of a impression of griff as a coach

but now I see what he brings and really like his takes

theyre going to be selective with the last 3 roster spots...but they will fill them for sure from the sounds of it...which is good

he talked about eddie playing 5 on 5 with the squad...but the coaches couldnt watch...and afterwards jj and bell were hyped

I was wondering who he went up against...maybe thats when maliq decided to transfer???

lol

maybe he put the beatdown on maliq...? haha I hope thats what happened!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom