Alley Oops | Syracusefan.com

Alley Oops

miamicuse

Starter
Does CBB keep stats on alley Oops like attempted and made? I couldn't find any.

So who threw up the most alley oops in Orange history? I assume it's Sherman the general? Who has the most on the receiving end? Stevie Thompson?

Athletes matter. lol We've got skill guys but we only have 1 guy with real get up ability.

Uh, who is that one guy?

Eli has ups. Witness those massive weak-side blocks that he seems to get 1 every game.

Goodine has serious ups.
Was supposed to compete in the national slam dunk thing at the FF last year, but hurt his hand.

Braswell was a state high jump champion.

I dunno how Jesse’s springs are, but, at 7’ and with loooong arms, he doesn’t really need to elevate much to be able to throw down.

While neither of our starting guards is likely to be on the receiving end of an ooop, pretty much all the forwards and centers are tall enough to finish those, if they’re thrown on target.

What we don’t seem to have is a guy like Jerami or Robey (that ooop he finished vs Duke was just silly - because the pass from Silent G was really waaaay off) who can snare a poor pass and still flush it.

I’d figure Thompson had fewer than one of the bigger forwards ... just that his were more memorable

Scoo...oops!
He had some fun nicknames.

My favorite shot of his was his 'layup' that rolled for 2 feet along the front edge of the top of the backboard and in for the basket - they counted it.

I think Scoop also holds the record for throwing them into the basket!

Uh, who is that one guy?

Eli has ups. Witness those massive weak-side blocks that he seems to get 1 every game.

Goodine has serious ups.
Was supposed to compete in the national slam dunk thing at the FF last year, but hurt his hand.

Braswell was a state high jump champion.

I dunno how Jesse’s springs are, but, at 7’ and with loooong arms, he doesn’t really need to elevate much to be able to throw down.

While neither of our starting guards is likely to be on the receiving end of an ooop, pretty much all the forwards and centers are tall enough to finish those, if they’re thrown on target.

What we don’t seem to have is a guy like Jerami or Robey (that ooop he finished vs Duke was just silly - because the pass from Silent G was really waaaay off) who can snare a poor pass and still flush it.

Yeah, I was talking about Eli. The rest of them as they are right now for whatever reason would struggle to be able to complete that type of play.

GMac is high on the list. ESPN one time did an entire segment on GMac throwing the perfect alley top to Warrick.

Yup. Extremely underrated at throwing oops, IMO. The set plays to Warrick...especially against WVU’s 1-3-1 zone, were deadly.

Also, shoutout to Z Sims “initially looks like he’s shooting, but he’s actually throwing an oop” play. He actually threw one right in the basket for a 3 against Kentucky in the NC game, lol.

Obviously nowhere near as many as anyone previously mentioned but Damone Brown was the recipient of quite a few ‘oops.

GMac is high on the list. ESPN one time did an entire segment on GMac throwing the perfect alley oop to Warrick.
Methinks this might be evidence that the best alley oops are more dependent on the skills of the receiver versus the thrower.

i'd guess rony seikaly caught the most from sherm . i remember during one tourney run a lot of coaches were asking for the basket interference call.

Edelin & GMac to Forth was always a crowd pleaser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom