Alright - so who do we want to close out this class? | Syracusefan.com

Alright - so who do we want to close out this class?

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Who are the realistic "gets" that are left? We've got the momentum we hoped for and a positive story to tell. We are trending up and return 15 out of 22 starters next year.

Who are the realistic "gets" that are left? We've got the momentum we hoped for and a positive story to tell. We are trending up and return 15 out of 22 starters next year.

Seems more and more likely that we'll take the full 25.

Based on scheduled visits, I'd say that WR Steve Ishmael, OT Denzel Ward, DT Zeek Rodney, CB Derrick Tindal, and LB Jonathan Thomas would be the highest guys on the board that we have a good chance of landing.

Besides those 5, WR/TE Adly Enoicy's name has been thrown around, but beyond that it's a crapshoot, could be some guys we haven't heard about, flip candidates or guys we get re-involved with.

If we land 2 of the 3 (Ishmael, Rodney, Thomas) I'll be absolutely ecstatic.

I would love to flip a few 'girls commits and grey shirt them.....dreams I know, but dreams I can have.

I would love to flip a few 'girls commits and grey shirt them.....dreams I know, but dreams I can have.
Any chance of this? They had some really good looking recruits decommit

Any chance of this? They had some really good looking recruits decommit
Seems like the one's who flipped have already committed elsewhere. Best to keep working on the kids we are in with imo.

My Top 5

1. Johnathan Thomas
2. Steve Ishmael
3. Denzel Ward
4. Zeek Rodney
5. Dion Lawerence

The bigger the better. The current 15, per ESPN, average only 202 lbs. We need more linemen.

My Top 5

1. Johnathan Thomas
2. Steve Ishmael
3. Denzel Ward
4. Zeek Rodney
5. Dion Lawerence

Nice list. They would close out the best class we have had in so many years I can't even remember.

Always a few surprises -- I am hoping there is a SS in Florida who wants to join our list, and a late developing DT in the mold of Jay Bromley. That, plus our January visitors and all is well.

There really is a handful of kids in their class we should be reaching out to. Nothing to lose.

Last edited:
There really is a handfuls of kids in their class we should be reaching out to. Nothing to lose.

I know it's a long Troy Vincent Jr? Like you said worth a shot. Isn't Antwan Bailey a coach at his school?

I will be absolutely shocked if Syracuse doesn't sign a JUCO DT to join Wayne Williams.

I mean, odds are for it, when was the last time Syracuse didn't take a juco defensive lineman?

Outside of that, I think Syracuse definitely lands Ishmael.

I think if Syracuse wants him, they get Rodney.

I would be psyched if Cuse wins the recruiting wars for Thomas, Tindal and Ward. I anticipate winning one of the wars though.

I think Syracuse will flip one player from another school that will come somewhat out of nowhere.

My preference of the 5 is:

1) Thomas - I think he would be the best LB recruit in a class featuring some really good LB's
2) Ward - I don't know that Cuse desperately needs a freshman tackle, but it is pretty close.
3) Tindal - There is a reason the staff is recruiting a ton of DB's. Could play right away.
4) Ishmael - Only this low b/c this class has a bunch of WR's, but may be best equipped to contribute right away
5) Clark - Like taking chances on guys with ability to rush the passer

Based on offers and visits this would be the dream scenario:

Ward
Rodney
Thomas
Ishamel
Enoicy (As a TE)
Tindal
Lawerence
Clark

-Then if we could flip maybe Applefield from RU.

-There are so many DB offers, I can't tell who is conditional (Brown?) no way we take them all. Two tops?

- We absolutely need another big guy whether it be DT or OL. Only taking two OL is risky. Also DT is a HUGE need. Anyone know any under the radar guys who could get late offers?

- I imagine we still need a RB to go along with Phillips... any thoughts on who it is?

Just dreaming but there is this DT, UofL commit, that played in the Shrine bowl that I wouldn't mind the staff trying to flip. Poona Ford. HH SC kid.

I know it is well known that Naes is coming in as a DB but is it possible that the staff changed their mind? Sure looks like we are going after a lot of DBs. I wonder if they are gonna let him be the RB of this class to just fill the spot and then sign another true DB.

Just a thought but I think he looks like a pretty decent RB too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom