Also Sprach Zarathustra | Syracusefan.com

Also Sprach Zarathustra

pearl31

in cahoots
(i.e., theme from 2001)

That is, the glorious 9+ minute funked-out jazzjam version by Brazilian fusion keyboardist Eumir Deodato and band (incl. Billy Cobham! drumming and Jay Berliner! playing guitar).

A few years ago (during the 09-10 season, I believe), I started using this as my ultimate psych-up-here-we-go anthem just before tipoff for the bigger games. We are undefeated in those games I've used it. I haven't yet broken it out this season.

I will be tomorrow. Damned right I will be.

They used the song when I took a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. But I'll always think of it as Elvis' intro music in the 70s...Also Sprach into C.C. Rider was awesome. Ronnie Tutt on drums kicked arse.

Reactions: MGP
Nice! I've been enjoying Trey and the boys jam this out for 20 years

I find Phish's reworking to be mechanical and relatively devoid of emotion, at least compared to the original. and again, this is from someone who absolutely worshiped phish at one time.
:noidea:

I find Phish's reworking to be mechanical and relatively devoid of emotion, at least compared to the original. and again, this is from someone who absolutely worshiped phish at one time.
:noidea:

I think there are definitely some versions that Phish player that fit that description, especially around 03-04 - but the vast majority of the time, their cover of the is far from mechanical and lacking emotion - quite the opposite, imho.

How do you post a youtube clip like pearl did?

(i.e., theme from 2001)

That is, the glorious 9+ minute funked-out jazzjam version by Brazilian fusion keyboardist Eumir Deodato and band (incl. Billy Cobham! drumming and Jay Berliner! playing guitar).

A few years ago (during the 09-10 season, I believe), I started using this as my ultimate psych-up-here-we-go anthem just before tipoff for the bigger games. We are undefeated in those games I've used it. I haven't yet broken it out this season.

Check out Wikipedia on this. They list the instruments required for a full orchestration. That's one big bloody band.

(i.e., theme from 2001)

I love this song. He also does a great version of Rhapsody in Blue.

How do you post a youtube clip like pearl did?

copy the link to the youtube video, and in the box where you pick your font all all that jazz is a little deal that looks like a video strip, next to the picture of the tree. Paste your link into there, and you have a winner.

copy the link to the youtube video, and in the box where you pick your font all all that jazz is a little deal that looks like a video strip, next to the picture of the tree. Paste your link into there, and you have a winner.
Thanks.

If indeed you respect the genius of the man in your Avatar, would you not prefer a little "Moonlight in Vermont" or how about say "Ella Guru" ..

(i.e., theme from 2001)

Billy Cobham is one of the premier drummers of a generation. I've seen him several times. Once with Mahavishnu Orchestra and another time in Denver with John Scofield. Nice link, much appreciated. I've heard this on Jam On / XM radio.

If indeed you respect the genius of the man in your Avatar, would you not prefer a little "Moonlight in Vermont" or how about say "Ella Guru" ..
I would actually lean towards something from his crowning achievement (Lick My Decals Off Baby), such as Flash Gordon's Ape or Bellerin' Plain.

Billy Cobham is one of the premier drummers of a generation. I've seen him several times. Once with Mahavishnu Orchestra and another time in Denver with John Scofield. Nice link, much appreciated. I've heard this on Jam On / XM radio.
So incredibly jealous that you saw the mighty Mahavishnu Orchestra perform - ESPECIALLY the lineup that still included BC on the skins.
I tell you what, pound for pound, there is simply no better guitar-drums interchange than that on the Inner Mounting Flame album. I'm still astonished every time I listen to it.

So incredibly jealous that you saw the mighty Mahavishnu Orchestra perform - ESPECIALLY the lineup that still included BC on the skins.
I tell you what, pound for pound, there is simply no better guitar-drums interchange than that on the Inner Mounting Flame album. I'm still astonished every time I listen to it.

Well then, you are going to love this: MO playing in Syracuse!

To get an idea of the kind of stuff that was floating around inside of everyone's brain pan at those shows, go the the 23 minute mark and check it out.

Well then, you are going to love this: MO playing in Syracuse!

To get an idea of the kind of stuff that was floating around inside of everyone's brain pan at those shows, go the the 23 minute mark and check it out.
Ha, yeah good ol' transcendental meditation and all that other kosmik debris...
wow, that's really a great recording - thanks for posting! the sound quality is superb.
such an amazing group. I always get a kick out of how JM was so prim and clean-cut and unassuming—but I'll be damned if he didn't unleash the most wicked sonic sorcery ever put forth from an amplifier.
(oh, and ask J.Page where he got the idea to play the double neck :))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom