Alternate Uni's | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alternate Uni's

My kids say nothing cooler than Oregon jersey combos and I agree, do the same in orange and black

Maybe platinum helmet and jerseys with orange highlights - like the basketball team. I think black and orange can look sweet too

Call me a product of my childhood, but white is our traditional home jersey & 'Bama ripped us off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's not over think this. We're playing Penn State, Notre Dame in the coming years. How about an old school '59 look for games against traditional powers we have history with.

Units are near perfect As is. Just drop the s on the helmets and were all good.

I thought our home jersey this year where some of the sharpest uniforms I have ever seen. It was the perfect blend of orange and navy. I loved the high navy socks and orange boots. I know that navy is not our "colors" but man they looked evil.
2012-10-05-websupitt19zip.html

I thought our home jersey this year where some of the sharpest uniforms I have ever seen. It was the perfect blend of orange and navy. I loved the high navy socks and orange boots. I know that navy is not our "colors" but man they looked evil.
2012-10-05-websupitt19zip.html
I agree, the orange cleats made the uniform pop, they looked amazing

I think an alternative should be adopted. I have always said we should have something for when we play in MetLife that somehow incorporates NY on the helmet. However I hope we never go away from orange pants, blue jerseys and orange helmes. And can we please drop the fing S on the helmet. Please.

View attachment 1580I think their expressions sum up my feelings on these uniforms and this era (error) of SU football.
First off that shade of Orange is ugly and why it was chosen was stupid. The lack of piping behind the numbers was stupid as well. Second, the helmet had no piping either. I don't want an Orange Jersey to look like that, but if we wore jerseys like this they would look fine.
44.jpg

First off that shade of Orange is ugly and why it was chosen was stupid. The lack of piping behind the numbers was stupid as well. Second, the helmet had no piping either. I don't want an Orange Jersey to look like that, but if we wore jerseys like this they would look fine.
View attachment 1581
I completely agree. I'd also like to point out how nasty the navy tops were then, too.

medium_curtisb.JPG

I can't find the image but in the early 2000's we wore all orange a few times. They looked pretty good with a better shade of orange, some white, and piping.

orangejersehy.jpg

Z

These jerseys didn't look bad at all. If we used this shade of Orange they wouldn't look ugly.

View attachment 1587
Z

These jerseys didn't look bad at all. If we used this shade of Orange they wouldn't look ugly.
yes - yes they did

to my knowledge, SU has yet to pull off decent looking orange football jerseys - not sure why they can't do it (Nike) but so far it has been awful each time they've tried

I think if they're going to go orange jersey, then they need to have some kind of non-orange alternate pant to go with it - never been a fan of any team's unis where helmet/jersey/pants are all one color.

yes - yes they did

to my knowledge, SU has yet to pull off decent looking orange football jerseys - not sure why they can't do it (Nike) but so far it has been awful each time they've tried

I think if they're going to go orange jersey, then they need to have some kind of non-orange alternate pant to go with it - never been a fan of any team's unis where helmet/jersey/pants are all one color.
We should use the grayish type of pants Oregon wears. Orange on Gray would look fine IMO.
images

I've mentioned this before. I hate the Giants, but I do like these uniforms.

We have the same grey facemask. Just switch out the blue for orange. Tweak the stripes, numbers, and piping. And then have the standard orange helmet and pants for the white jerseys.

I can try to mock that up tomorrow at work, unless someone wants to take a shot.

NFL_Uniforms_Football_0de0b.jpg

Could do a grey jersey with the two tone numbers plus piping like Tampa Bay has, but in orange tones instead of red.

Nike%20Tampa%20Bay%20Buccaneers%2027%20Blount%20Game%20White%20Jersey.jpg

I think an alternative should be adopted. I have always said we should have something for when we play in MetLife that somehow incorporates NY on the helmet. However I hope we never go away from orange pants, blue jerseys and orange helmes. And can we please drop the fing S on the helmet. Please.
Thank you, OB.
I thought I was the only one who hates that big "S" on the helmet.
PSU's all white helmets are unique and I always loved our all-orange helmets for the same reason.
Get rid of the "S"...back to old school.

No gray!We've spent how many years trying to eliminate the gray in the Dome, why bring it back on the unis?

How about this: maybe some green piping up the sides with green leaves on the shoulders. And by green leaves, I mean actual silk leaves that are sewn on and flap around while running. Make us look like real oranges! That would be shagadelic baby, yeah!

I have an image of a uni that has orange pants and orange jerseys that I think would look pretty good (I can't do the graphics to show you). The pants remain as is. For the jersey, same shade of orange as the pants and the numbers would be white with blue shading around. I envision side panels on the jerseys that are navy - narrow at the waist and getting wider as they go up to the armpits (picture a navy "V"-shape up the sides), maybe even spilling over to the front and back at the top.

No gray!We've spent how many years trying to eliminate the gray in the Dome, why bring it back on the unis?

How about this: maybe some green piping up the sides with green leaves on the shoulders. And by green leaves, I mean actual silk leaves that are sewn on and flap around while running. Make us look like real oranges! That would be shagadelic baby, yeah!

I have an image of a uni that has orange pants and orange jerseys that I think would look pretty good (I can't do the graphics to show you). The pants remain as is. For the jersey, same shade of orange as the pants and the numbers would be white with blue shading around. I envision side panels on the jerseys that are navy - narrow at the waist and getting wider as they go up to the armpits (picture a navy "V"-shape up the sides), maybe even spilling over to the front and back at the top.

Would you prefer "platinum"?

Would you prefer "platinum"?
No. I don't want any gray in our uniforms.I don't like it in our hoops unis either.
Just because Oregon does it, does not mean we need to. I think a lot of people think that if we emulate other teams uniforms that we will be able to recruit alongside of them. The SEC schools haven't followed suit with their uniforms and they are doing just fine. Oregon's recruiting is driven mostly by Nike's $$$ to their facilities and Chip Kelley's style of play. Then again, Stanford and UCLA played in the PAC12 championship with their same old colors. And, Maryland still sucks even with their "flashy" UA uniforms.

We should do our own thing.

No. I don't want any gray in our uniforms.I don't like it in our hoops unis either.
Just because Oregon does it, does not mean we need to. I think a lot of people think that if we emulate other teams uniforms that we will be able to recruit alongside of them. The SEC schools haven't followed suit with their uniforms and they are doing just fine. Oregon's recruiting is driven mostly by Nike's $$$ to their facilities and Chip Kelley's style of play. Then again, Stanford and UCLA played in the PAC12 championship with their same old colors. And, Maryland still sucks even with their "flashy" UA uniforms.

We should do our own thing.

I'm not a fan of the grey at all either, actually can't stand it in our everyday unis...You don't see Illinois or UVA in any grey and their colors are pretty much the same as ours...I wouldn't mind us in navy, at times, trimmed out in some combination of orange and white. I think they would look sharp, as does UVA's and the Illini when they wear theirs...

We've been wearing blue jerseys at home since the 60's. Pretty sure SU isn't going to throw away 50 years of tradition just to make a few people happy.

Jake C once told me that the tradition of wearing orange pants at home was the main one that would never change.

I hope we leave our uniforms as they are now. They are perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom