Although Losing to #2 | Syracusefan.com

Although Losing to #2

BludOrange

All Conference
I'd have to say these kids walked away believing they can compete with anybody.

Most of the team have not played in many games, mean the less a game vs one of the top teams in the nation. Those that have, never did in the role they are now playing.

The end of the first half was hard to overcome, along with Graham's shooting in the second half and the refs doing SU no favors. But they were still in the game with five minutes to go and had many chances to make it a tight game prior to that. Many good experiences and scenarios in this game to learn from so early in the season, that will help later on.

I like the potential of this team if they continue to play hard.

Most of the team have not played in many games, mean the less a game vs one of the top teams in the nation. Those that have, never did in the role they are now playing.

The end of the first half was hard to overcome, along with Graham's shooting in the second half and the refs doing SU no favors. But they were still in the game with five minutes to go and had many chances to make it a tight game prior to that. Many good experiences and scenarios in this game to learn from so early in the season, that will help later on.

but i've heard boeheim defend the cupcake scheduling saying "you learn nothing from losing ".

but i've heard boeheim defend the cupcake scheduling saying "you learn nothing from losing ".

He may have, but you have to play these types of games nowadays, even if just for recruiting purposes. The exposure is too much to pass up.

So you would like everyone else to play patsies early in the year but we should play just ranked teams right? Makes perfect sense to me.

I’m ok with this loss. Need to regroup and crush uconn and Georgetown. Finish off the cupcakes and get rolling in the act with a few wins against va tech and Pitt. Our ticket to the tourney means beating teams we should. That’s it.

you get better when you challenge yourself to perform better. not shadow box. but take real blows and learn from the contest.

I mean outside of a couple of games Duke has played patsies every year as well. It’s never been a Syracuse thing like people say. Duke alsonever plays non conference on the road against power teams. At least we go to Georgetown. Expect to see even less competitive non conference games when the Conferences move to 20 Conference games.

I’m ok with this loss. Need to regroup and crush uconn and Georgetown. Finish off the cupcakes and get rolling in the act with a few wins against va tech and Pitt. Our ticket to the tourney means beating teams we should. That’s it.
St. Bonnie and UB aren't cupcakes. These are games that we have to be sharp and not use the freshman excuse.

They can probably lose a game to a lesser opponent and still go dancing(with a decent record in conference), as long as it is not like the St. John's debacle from last season.

early losses only bite you when you crap the bed in late conference. win a acc tourney game crisssakes !

St. Bonnie and UB aren't cupcakes. These are games that we have to be sharp and not use the freshman excuse.

In terms of resume building, yes the committee sees these games as cupcakes.

They can probably lose a game to a lesser opponent and still go dancing(with a decent record in conference), as long as it is not like the St. John's debacle from last season.

Depends on the bubble this year. We aren’t good enough to beat Duke or unc but should win a handful of games in conference. I for one would enjoy a season with less than 8 losses

We are approaching the point of the season that cost us our chance to dance last season. If we beat Ucrap this time around and also Gtown, we will be dancing come March.
this is correct, i really liked that we didn't roll over and quit, we have a young team that battled the number 2 team in the country and never gave up, night and day from last year, this next 4 game stretch is huge for us and i think we will go 4-0

The Bonnies are also going to be a tough out.

#fakenews. That’s not what he said. He said you can learn from winning close games like the ones we’ve been playing, and he’d rather win the game and learn than lose the game and learn.

Depends on the bubble this year. We aren’t good enough to beat Duke or unc but should win a handful of games in conference. I for one would enjoy a season with less than 8 losses
We all would, but that is a tall order for this team.

I agree. Wonder what the outcome would have been if Bazley was here this year. I believe we would have won

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom