Alton Robinson... Chan Jones? | Syracusefan.com

Alton Robinson... Chan Jones?

Rocco

Watching you.
The last 2 weeks, whenever Alton is steaming off the edge, I can't help but be reminded of Chan Jones. They have such similar games. Just a freak athlete who has a great mix of speed and power.

Kid is going to get a legit shot to play at the next level so let's enjoy the shite out of him while we got him. The scouts at the game today had to like what they saw out of our DL.

I say next first rounder. Kid is awesome off edge but still good against run.

I say next first rounder. Kid is awesome off edge but still good against run.

I don't think he's a 1st rounder, but you never know. That kid from FSU is a 1st rounder.

Alton is a monster. He's been in the backfield all year so far. Can't wait to see our DL play against Clemson.

The last 2 weeks, whenever Alton is steaming off the edge, I can't help but be reminded of Chan Jones. They have such similar games. Just a freak athlete who has a great mix of speed and power.

Kid is going to get a legit shot to play at the next level so let's enjoy the shite out of him while we got him. The scouts at the game today had to like what they saw out of our DL.
He is a good player but his athleticism and talent is not in the same stratosphere as Chandler Jones. Let's see how he does the rest of the season as I was shocked at how bad the ol for FSU was.

He is a good player but his athleticism and talent is not in the same stratosphere as Chandler Jones. Let's see how he does the rest of the season as I was shocked at how bad the ol for FSU was.

He's not in the same stratosphere as Chan Jones? That's just silly. He absolutely is. I'm not saying he's as good as Chan was, I'm just saying that their games are quite similar.

I get a kick out of people saying how "bad" FSU's OL was. They were still some of the best athletes in the country coming out of high school. Just because they're adopting a new system doesn't account for why Alton was destroying the edge on them. C'mon now.

Wish there was more YouTube video of Dwight Freeney being the best player in college football his senior year.

Dino’s strong suit has been connecting with high level transfers and JUCOs to bring a much needed infusion of talent and just wait till next year. Whether by design or not it’s the fastest way to induce change. Hopefully that will spill over into traditional recruiting results because that seems to be a lagging indicator at this time.

I don't think he's a 1st rounder, but you never know. That kid from FSU is a 1st rounder.

Alton is a monster. He's been in the backfield all year so far. Can't wait to see our DL play against Clemson.
I think it shows how good our offensive tackles played yesterday. That FSU DE is projected as a first rounder and outside of a couple of plays, I thought we did a good job at keeping him in check.

He's not in the same stratosphere as Chan Jones? That's just silly. He absolutely is. I'm not saying he's as good as Chan was, I'm just saying that their games are quite similar.

I get a kick out of people saying how "bad" FSU's OL was. They were still some of the best athletes in the country coming out of high school. Just because they're adopting a new system doesn't account for why Alton was destroying the edge on them. C'mon now.

It isn't just this system, they are legitimately bad. Jimbo didn't not recruit that area well the past couple of seasons. Doesn't matter if you have 5* players if you can't run or pass block. Alton was coming off of the edge and doing what he wanted last season against them too.

All I can say is that I’m really excited to see how this DL progresses throughout the year.

Who knows how good they are, and I’m sure FSU’s OL issues had something to do with it, but outside of Clemson, there’s not too many ACC teams that Slayton and Alton wouldn’t start on.

I think it shows how good our offensive tackles played yesterday. That FSU DE is projected as a first rounder and outside of a couple of plays, I thought we did a good job at keeping him in check.

This is a way better gauge than our DL vs their OL.

Sorry but Alton was better. Coach thinks he could be a first rounder too. Not 100 percent mind u but he could be.

Kid continues to beast away.

Still not talked about much amongst the media, but the scouts certainly know who he is.

Kudos to the kid for being an absolute monster. He will be paid handsomely before long.