Alton Robinson is going to play in the NFL | Syracusefan.com

Alton Robinson is going to play in the NFL

Rocco

Watching you.
For as bad as our defense was today, without him, it would've been so, so much worse. He was a single man wrecking crew getting pressure nearly every play, while also making some great plays in run support.

He has the size, the mean streak and pure athletic ability to get drafted. Commentator said that he's 4th right now on Kiper's list for senior DE's. Making his highlight film is going to be tough. Too much content to choose from.

Dude... hes a projected first rounder by CBS Sports. Hes at worst a second round pick. Insanely good. IMO better than Chandler was when he was here.

I know where's projected, but I think he's actually going to have a nice NFL career, too.

For as bad as our defense was today, without him, it would've been so, so much worse. He was a single man wrecking crew getting pressure nearly every play, while also making some great plays in run support.

He has the size, the mean streak and pure athletic ability to get drafted. Commentator said that he's 4th right now on Kiper's list for senior DE's. Making his highlight film is going to be tough. Too much content to choose from.
Defense was bad. We totally lose if eskridge doesn’t get hurt. I think we may lose if we have our horses in the secondary. Alas, football is a game of inches and injury and I’m happy for the W.

You are probably right about the injury to Eskridge. It amazes me how prone this secondary is to getting burned. Dino said the defense was going to be the strength of the team. I don't see it right now

Teams are scheming for him running an offset TE or FB behind the tackle every play now. He's doubled or triple teamed every play and still makes plays. He's grown exponentially in his run defense also. He sets the edge hard now when he used to run by in years prior. Think Dino may have called him out in the group of guys that where playing hard but not playing how the defense needed them.

Coleman however isn't having the season I thought he would this far. Jonathan is taking more and more snaps from him... Curious if he's banged up

You are probably right about the injury to Eskridge. It amazes me how prone this secondary is to getting burned. Dino said the defense was going to be the strength of the team. I don't see it right now
We were missing our AA Safety and our best physical matchup CB this game.

He is one player. I'm not so sure he does it all especially considering he plays both ways. WM already looked tired on D, Eskridge is not playing 170 snaps in a hot dome.

And Alton is DEF 1st round material. Anyone who passes over this dude is making a mistake. As someone else said, Alton is better than Chandler was at this stage ...markedly better ...and Chan was a first round pick that has proven himself in the NFL

And Alton is DEF 1st round material. Anyone who passes over this dude is making a mistake. As someone else said, Alton is better than Chandler was at this stage ...markedly better ...and Chan was a first round pick that has proven himself in the NFL

Alton definitely has a beefier frame than Chan, but agree, he will be taken by the end of Day 2, if not Day 1 in the 1st round. Alton's combination of speed, burst, power and technique is really impressive to watch. To this day, one of the most unheralded recruiting stories there is. Glad he missed out at TAMU and damn glad we swept in, gave him a 2nd chance and are now seeing the fruits of it all.

I know where's projected, but I think he's actually going to have a nice NFL career, too.
Syracusefan poster declares that he thinks NFL 1st round pick could have good NFL career too.

Film at 11.

This is another reason why you people need to leave the talent evaluating to the talent evaluators.

Let’s see if this gets deleted like my DeVito thread...

I dont see first rounder. maybe an NFL career. It would be nice to see though. I just dont see the burst. I also will have to go back and see 20% pressure to see how they define that,

My worry more is that he got abused on run defense vs Maryland and the pros care about that just as much unless you are elite edge guy.

Syracusefan poster declares that he thinks NFL 1st round pick could have good NFL career too.

Film at 11.

This is another reason why you people need to leave the talent evaluating to the talent evaluators.

Let’s see if this gets deleted like my DeVito thread...
Robinson is a top 50 NFL draft pick.
Those guys could go first round or second round.

He is on the top draft boards for his position of all the NFL draft people.

The d-line warms up in front of my section - so far in 2 weeks the Rams, Falcons, Seahawks, and Bills scouts have made it a point to take a close look at him during warmups.
Wow where the hell are my Phins.

Also, Curtis Harpers been a pleasant surprise!!