Alton Robinson | Syracusefan.com

Alton Robinson

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
While everyone takes turns ripping on the LBs, WRs, QB, coaches, etc., I want to give a shout out to Robinson. May have been the best performance by an orange DE in many many years.

8 tackles which is a lot for a DE.
4 tackles for loss
2 sacks
2 forced fumbles
2 QB hurries

A beast.

I said this earlier in the season, but to my untrained eye, Alton has a similar game to Chan Jones. No, he's not an elite athlete like Chan, but he has similar moves and style. He's got a big frame, but has a quick step and a nice burst when needed. He also pulls off the bull rush and completely owned the right tackle in that game.

Kid has a bright future.

While everyone takes turns ripping on the LBs, WRs, QB, coaches, etc., I want to give a shout out to Robinson. May have been the best performance by an orange DE in many many years.

8 tackles which is a lot for a DE.
4 tackles for loss
2 sacks
2 forced fumbles
2 QB hurries

A beast.

Good call.

Robinson and Coleman have been great all year.

I said this earlier in the season, but to my untrained eye, Alton has a similar game to Chan Jones. No, he's not an elite athlete like Chan, but he has similar moves and style. He's got a big frame, but has a quick step and a nice burst when needed. He also pulls off the bull rush and completely owned the right tackle in that game.

Kid has a bright future.

And the motor on that kid. I feel terrified for the QB sometimes. (not really).

It is so much fun knowing when the other team has to pass that SU has the horses to go after the QB and smother him or chase him down from the outside. Add to that not having to blitz and this is win win.

And hopefully he doesn’t leave early.

I doubt he will. His stock is growing but he lacks a little bulk and could really get to that chandler jones level with another great off-season. The other thing worth noting is his play is already advanced for his age. Then the physical aspect will be easy with the mental side already developed.

Last edited:
Robinson played great, no doubt.

Also shout out to Howard for getting his first two TDs. That 2nd one particularly impressed me - he had good blocking, but he also slammed a defender back to get the ball over the line.

I have really high hopes for him. There is nothing quite like seeing your guy run over a guy.
5bb9317958a2f.image.jpg (awesome pic)

Robinson played great, no doubt.

Also shout out to Howard for getting his first two TDs. That 2nd one particularly impressed me - he had good blocking, but he also slammed a defender back to get the ball over the line.

I thought for a second he took the guys head off

Played well, but had two costly consecutive offsides penalties late in the game.

I was worried all Clemson game that he was going to get called for offsides. He consistently lines up really close.