Am I an irrational fan? | Syracusefan.com

Am I an irrational fan?

cuse10

All American
After this tweet I became a bit triggered.

I mean 'Nova is having a nice run, but pump the brakes. Would you consider Florida a blue blood being that they went back to back? No. They don't have sustained success to be seen as one.

Of course, seeing a former conference rival and school that recruits in the same geographic area that your school does isn't supposed to sit well when they achieve success. Tired of being a double digit seed. Want to return to being a big dog in the sport.

I feel that Cuse can't keep hanging it's hat on 2003 much longer; that's fifteen years ago. With that said, this might be absurd to some people as their schools have never won anything and would trade everything for the success Syracuse has had; even being an 11 seed.

After this tweet I became a bit triggered.

I mean 'Nova is having a nice run, but pump the brakes. Would you consider Florida a blue blood being that they went back to back? No. They don't have sustained success to be seen as one.

Of course, seeing a former conference rival and school that recruits in the same geographic area that your school does isn't supposed to sit well when they achieve success. Tired of being a double digit seed. Want to return to being a big dog in the sport.

I feel that Cuse can't keep hanging it's hat on 2003 much longer; that's fifteen years ago. With that said, this might be absurd to some people as their schools have never won anything and would trade everything for the success Syracuse has had; even being an 11 seed.

Not being irrational. Blue blood is a bit much, If Arinze hadn't been injured in '10, most likely we cut down the nets. Then are we a blue blood? we would have 3 final fours and a title this decade... It's an interesting debate on who are the blue bloods and what if anything the second tier of teams can do to legitimately call themselves a blue blood. Or is it like the class system where certain teams are blue bloods and the rest are fighting it out for middle to upper class.

I think we get a little stringent on this board when it comes to defining blue bloods.

Here it's typically 5 teams. Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, Carolina, and UCLA. I suppose you can throw in Indiana to.

Outside of this board people tend to be more liberal about it and Syracuse is usually included. At this point it's hard to argue that Villanova really doesn't belong. They are on a hell of a run and they have a long history of top level teams.

Depends on how many blue bloods you think there are.

They’ve earned their way into the Syracuse, Louisville, Michigan State, UCLA, Florida, Arizona group. In fact, they’ve taken UConn’s spot in that tier.
Uconn has two titles in this decade. Being a blue Blood is a lot more than having a hot run. Nova isn't a Blue Blood. They need a few more big years. 4 final fours in their history doesn't scream Blue Blood to me.

Who cares about being labeled a blue blood? Do recruits care? I don’t think it’s a big deal.

It's not really about being a blue blood. It's about everything else I discussed after the tweet.

I think we get a little stringent on this board when it comes to defining blue bloods.

Here it's typically 5 teams. Kentucky, Kansas, Duke, Carolina, and UCLA. I suppose you can throw in Indiana to.

Outside of this board people tend to be more liberal about it and Syracuse is usually included. At this point it's hard to argue that Villanova really doesn't belong. They are on a hell of a run and they have a long history of top level teams.

I would agree with the teams you list but at some point we will all have to reevaluate them.

Indiana has zero titles since 1987.
UCLA has ONE title since 1975. Should they count given the fact that all of their titles came over a ten year stretch when they cheated heavily?
Kansas only has three titles and one since 1988. Why should they be ahead of Louisville or UConn?

If these three don't win a title soon, we will have to cut it down to Kentucky, Duke, and UNC.

Kansas only has three titles and one since 1988. Why should they be ahead of Louisville or UConn?

Because their least successful head coach was the guy who literally invented the game.

Indiana is far from a blue blood at this point. They haven't won a title in 31 years and have been to 1 F4 in the last 25 years

IMO the current ELITE 1% blue bloods are: UNC, Kansas, Kentucky & Duke.
The next five just outside the circle (rich but not wealthy) are: Nova, Cuse, Florida, UConn & Michigan State.
Classic blue bloods but not recently relevant (0ld money, not powerful now) are: Louisville, UCLA, Indiana, & Georgetown.

I'm still crazy after all these years.

I would agree with the teams you list but at some point we will all have to reevaluate them.

Indiana has zero titles since 1987.
UCLA has ONE title since 1975. Should they count given the fact that all of their titles came over a ten year stretch when they cheated heavily?

If these three don't win a title soon, we will have to cut it down to Kentucky, Duke, and UNC.

Titles are obviously very important, but I feel like you have to evaluate programs more holistically, including regular season titles, conference tourney titles, Sweet 16s, Final Fours, etc. Kansas is a national contender literally every season.

Ohio State football is similar. They only have two titles in the past few decades but they're absolutely a blue blood.

IMO the current ELITE 1% blue bloods are: UNC, Kansas, Kentucky & Duke.
The next five just outside the circle (rich but not wealthy) are: Nova, Cuse, Florida, UConn & Michigan State.
Classic blue bloods but not recently relevant (0ld money, not powerful now) are: Louisville, UCLA, Indiana, & Georgetown.

Louisville has been as good as anybody in that second group. 3 final fours and a title since 2005.

Indiana is far from a blue blood at this point. They haven't won a title in 31 years and have been to 1 F4 in the last 25 years

Yup. No problem with Villanova or Michigan taking their place. UCLA still deserves it, IMO. Three straight F4s under Howland and probably another one last year if not for Kentucky.

Rothstein is a nova homer very
Good program not blue blood.

It’s a valid argument, IMO. I don’t think he is a Nova homer. Isn’t he from New York and went to Ithaca, lol?

Rothstein gives no substance anymore about anything. He’s a caricature.

Rothstein gives no substance anymore about anything. He’s a caricature.

Come on man. I couldn’t stand him at first and I actually met him being introduced to him once. Rubbed me the wrong way with a comment I won’t bring up. But, I’m not some dummy. Watch him in the studio or on the radio and the guy clearly knows his stuff. Sharp cat. He definitely grew on me.

Come on man. I couldn’t stand him at first and I actually met him being introduced to him once. Rubbed me the wrong way with a comment I won’t bring up. But, I’m not some dummy. Watch him in the studio or on the radio and the guy clearly knows his stuff. Sharp cat. He definitely grew on me.

His Twitter looks like it’s run by a bot. I don’t have much time these days to watch studio shows so I can’t comment on that.

Blue bloods take all the 5 star players. Nova is starting to attract them

Who cares about being labeled a blue blood? Do recruits care? I don’t think it’s a big deal.

If I’m a nova fan I really don’t care if you call us a mid-major. We’ll just go cut the nets down for a second time in three years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom