Am I happy... | Syracusefan.com

Am I happy...

BostonOrange

2nd String
...that Marrone seems to have made us a more competitive overall team and that our talent seems to be improving, or am i sad that he doesnt seem to understand basic math and exhibits characteristics of a huge pssy? I think I'm happy. For now.

...that Marrone seems to have made us a more competitive overall team and that our talent seems to be improving, or am i sad that he doesnt seem to understand basic math and exhibits characteristics of a huge pssy? I think I'm happy. For now.
Funny because it's so true

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

no offense to you because I know you're not saying this, and by and large I understand where that statement is coming from, but I can't handle any more "moral victories" which is essentially where we're at whether one likes it or not. Haven't been pissed about a blown potential golden opportunity since UT in '98.

no offense to you because I know you're not saying this, and by and large I understand where that statement is coming from, but I can't handle any more "moral victories" which is essentially where we're at whether one likes it or not. Haven't been pissed about a blown potential golden opportunity since UT in '98.
That's a serious complement to the current state of the program don't you think?

That's a serious complement to the current state of the program don't you think?

yep you're right no doubt. But I want this program to be great not good and that's what I think is our reality right now once again with him as our HC, that there's always going to be a ceiling. But no doubt its a good upward trend.

Does anyone doubt that this program is vastly better off now than it was four years ago?

This is the moral victory board. Week after week.

It's fine to discuss progress, but at some point you have to start winning games...and winning them decisively. People like to say a "W" is a "W". But that's not true. Kicking a teams a$$ is different than winning by a FG.

44cuse

It's fine to discuss progress, but at some point you have to start winning games...and winning them decisively. People like to say a "W" is a "W". But that's not true. Kicking a teams a$$ is different than winning by a FG.
44cuse

well to be fair everybody wanted to get out of this week with a moral victory. but your fos to say its the moral victory board week after week. there wasnt any moral victories last year and I don't think you'd see any from this board for the rest of the season.

Anything less than total domination next week is unacceptable. This team has enough talent to avoid barely beating other teams like Stony Brook as SU has done in the past. SU needs to win by at least 35 - should be more - and not let up. Everyone else beats up on these types of opponents so there should be no excuse for SU to not destroy Stony Brook.

Yet even if the make me happy and go up 49-0, Marrone will keep Nassib in because there appears to be no reason to ever let another QB take a snap as long as Nassib is here.

well to be fair everybody wanted to get out of this week with a moral victory. but your fos to say its the moral victory board week after week. there wasnt any moral victories last year and I don't think you'd see any from this board for the rest of the season.

Yep, that's probably true. And also a good sign overall. Good post.

EDIT: I actually think there would still be a contingent here that would explain away whatever happens the rest of the season (if we were not to make a bowl for example). See the end of the P years as an example. But that said...I still agree with you.

44cuse

Anything less than total domination next week is unacceptable. This team has enough talent to avoid barely beating other teams like Stony Brook as SU has done in the past. SU needs to win by at least 35 - should be more - and not let up. Everyone else beats up on these types of opponents so there should be no excuse for SU to not destroy Stony Brook.

Yet even if the make me happy and go up 49-0, Marrone will keep Nassib in because there appears to be no reason to ever let another QB take a snap as long as Nassib is here.

And therein lies the rub. Even if we beat Stony Brook 49-0 as you suggest, people will still find to bitch about.

I don't know what absolute domination means, quantifiably. What I expect to see is us handle a solid team, get lots of reserves some PT who haven't had a chance to play much these first two weeks against two tough opponents, and for a player like Pugh to get reintegrated into the OL and get some snaps under his belt. I also expect us to move the ball quite a bit and amass a lot of yardage in what eventually becomes a fairly easy win.

If we accomplish those three things, then I honestly couldn't care less whether the game is total domination or just a solid, comfortable win.

44cuse

There was zero expectation that they would be able to hang with these guys today. They did a whole lot more than that. Beating USC was not on the radar. The consensus on this board was that they would be lucky to win 7 games this year.

This team is playing a HELL of a lot better than anyone expected. It's a 12 game season, not a 2 game season.

There was zero expectation that they would be able to hang with these guys today. They did a whole lot more than that. Beating USC was not on the radar. The consensus on this board was that they would be lucky to win 7 games this year.

This team is playing a HELL of a lot better than anyone expected. It's a 12 game season, not a 2 game season.

Obviously I wasn't talking about USC specifically. Or one game.

And, btw, we have not "turned the corner." We have "turned a corner."

44cuse

Does anyone doubt that this program is vastly better off now than it was four years ago?

There is ZERO question about that. And that is a DAMN good thing.

44cuse

some team named louisiana monroe is down to #8 arkansas 28-21 mid 4th Q right now. And the arkansas qb has been knocked out of the game with a concussion. (unbelievable that buttgers is going to get lucky once again) but my point is anything can happen right now with any team. Personally, I don't care about style points. Just get me a win against SB and no injuries and we'll move onto the Minny.

Yeah, because these guys are coaching themselves.

Jesus christ.

Fact - the coaches have recruited solid talent. Why not give them the chance to measure themselves against top tier talent by putting the outcome on their shoulders?

Why are you so salty that fans take issue w/ the coaches not letting them take that risk?

There are few dumber phrases in the English Language than "moral victory". There are clues in losses as to how we might win future games but that's no kind of victory. The term is unlikey to be uttered the rest of the year. From this point on it's not aobut getting better. It's all about winning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom