Am I the only one that was scared to even click on to the recruiting section? | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one that was scared to even click on to the recruiting section?

SmilinBob

Living Legend
I feel better now but each time I went to the recruiting section was was worried at what might be posted and admit I didn't go there very often being the coward that I am.

Go keep em coming Shaf and sweet talk some new ones into coming to SU as well while your at it!

LGO!

I don't go over there much, when you lose your head coach you will lose a few recruits, we may gain a couple as well.. That said, recruiting is never done until signing day... I wouldn't get too worked up about it. Now that the HC is looking like he is in place, hopefully we can keep most of the staff, doubt a couple don't move on or retire ( Anselmo) and we can see how they can keep things together... Once the current players are assured and calmed down, the staff and the players can go back to talking to the kids that verballed and reaching out and reconfirming the relationships they have built...

Like I said, we will lose a couple kids but a lot of the recruiting picking up for certain kids is/was going on anyway you just weren't reading about it... Shafer and his new staff if that is what you want to call it will take their shots at a few committed kids as well.

Time will tell, but maybe Shafer may be a more aggressive recruiter than FHCDM when it comes to not reluctant to pursue other team's verbals and decommits.

I always thought Marrone had a refreshing approach to recruting in regards to how he treated the potential recruits. Asking kids to really think about it before they commit, counseling them on what to look for in a good school, all things we have heard over the years. the other side of me doesnt really care about that stuff, lets get ruthless and just get the talent here. Hope HCSS is up to the challenge

I for one hope John Anselmo sticks around to aid in the transition. He has head coaching experience and ran the practices when Doug was pulled away (as when Adkins was out and Doug had to work with the line). Plus, he has been instrumental in SU's success in NYC. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but I would love to have him stay and help.