Am I the only who thinks | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only who thinks

Gabjon

All American
the only reason DC2 is getting this done now is because JB knows he is getting James back this week? There is nothing about this injury that sounds like it couldn't wait until after the season. TRob and AO played through worse it their SU careers.

the only reason DC2 is getting this done now is because JB knows he is getting James back this week? There is nothing about this injury that sounds like it couldn't wait until after the season. TRob and AO played through worse it their SU careers.
I disagree. JB's not going to play around with someone's health because of the makeup of his roster.

I disagree. JB's not going to play around with someone's health because of the makeup of his roster.

They are not even naming the injury, I have had a knee operation only very minor procedures have a 4 week recovery. Guys play hurt all the time.

A clean up job doesn't sound like a career risk. I'm obviously not Dr. Andrews, but RG3 played on a bum knee. Eventually it didn't end well.

A clean up job doesn't sound like a career risk. I'm obviously not Dr. Andrews, but RG3 played on a bum knee. Eventually it didn't end well.
I'm not saying it's a career risk. I'm saying if the docs and medical staff say DC needs knee surgery, JB will not base the timing of the procedure on whether or not he's getting James back.

I'm not saying it's a career risk. I'm saying if the docs and medical staff say DC needs knee surgery, JB will not base the timing of the procedure on whether or not he's getting James back.
I understand. But he tweaked it and then played on it. If it was that serious why would he play on sat?

I thought of that too. Mike Waters did say that Coleman just hurt his knee in practice prior to the Villanova game, so it appears to be an acute type of injury. I also do not know the diagnosis or extent of it other that he was still able to play 7 minutes Saturday.

is it too late for a medical redshirt? i suppose it probably is since DC2 has started every game.....am i correct in that thinking?

is it too late for a medical redshirt? i suppose it probably is since DC2 has started every game.....am i correct in that thinking?

correct

I thought of that too. Mike Waters did say that Coleman just hurt his knee in practice prior to the Villanova game, so it appears to be an acute type of injury. I also do not know the diagnosis or extent of it other that he was still able to play 7 minutes Saturday.
I'm sure if he had to he could play through it. There is just no need. Just a wild guess.

Way too late. A few years back Devendorf just made the limits for getting a medical redshirt (even though he did not use it)after he tore his ACL in the non-conference games in December.

Way too late. A few years back Devendorf just made the limits for getting a medical redshirt (even though he did not use it)after he tore his ACL in the non-conference games in December.

i thought so...thanks

T Rob played on a partially torn meniscus for a whole season. Its really about pain tolerance more than anything. I also doubt it happened on Saturday and they decides to operate so quickly, it just doesn't pass the smell test on minor issues they always try PT first...very fishy

That makes absolutely no sense. If DCII could play through the injury and have the surgery after the season why wouldn't he... Dirty, or no Dirty. If he is going to be of use to us in 4-6 weeks he needs to keep playing now and improve, he certainly isn't going to come back more serviceable after a 4-6 week layoff than he is now.

T Rob played on a partially torn meniscus for a whole season. Its really about pain tolerance more than anything. I also doubt it happened on Saturday and they decides to operate so quickly, it just doesn't pass the smell test on minor issues they always try PT first...very fishy
Are you saying something is rotten in Denmark?

Are you saying something is rotten in Denmark?

I'm saying JB keeps everything very close to the vest and whatever the truth is it is not what I'm reading. Let's not forget AO was day to day going into the NCAA's in 2010...it turned out he was day to day for 18months.

This isn't a shot at JB all coaches do this, if it was up to him he would tell the media nothing ever!

I'm saying JB keeps everything very close to the vest and whatever the truth is it is not what I'm reading. Let's not forget AO was day to day going into the NCAA's in 2010...it turned out he was day to day for 18months.

This isn't a shot at JB all coaches do this, if it was up to him he would tell the media nothing ever!
I agree with that.

My initial thought to the "why get it done now?" question was to have Coleman back in playing shape for our NCAA run.

My initial thought to the "why get it done now?" question was to have Coleman back in playing shape for our NCAA run.
yea maybe it is the opposite of the OP and JB knows Southerland is done and after 4 weeks he would maybe be able to get in one of our last games and practice for a few weeks before the real tourney

Not like he would really help us now or then, just adding to the speculation.

yea maybe it is the opposite of the OP and JB knows Southerland is done and after 4 weeks he would maybe be able to get in one of our last games and practice for a few weeks before the real tourney

Not like he would really help us now or then, just adding to the speculation.
Or maybe Dajuan Coleman needs knee surgery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom