Am I up to date on our roster for 2019/20? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Am I up to date on our roster for 2019/20?

Tale of the scale

215lbs. - 6-6 hughes
210lbs. - 6-8 oshae
205lbs. - 6-11 jba***
205lbs. - 6-10 bourama
190lbs. - 6-10 edwards
190lbs. - 6-7 guerrier
188lbs. - 6-5 buddy
184lbs. - 6-9 braswell
180lbs. - 6-3 washington
180lbs. - 6-10 marek
170lbs. - 6-4 goodine
170lbs. - 6-2 jgiii
168lbs. - 6-3 carey

*** Seen it suggested that JBA is up to 240, but Westtown doesn't list weights and I couldn't find anything to support more than 205.
Rothstien is now reporting he is up to 295 lbs.

I’ll interject. I know we have thin bigs but there cannot be a way Hughes weighs the most on the team.

My depth chart based on nothing (mpg)

PG:
Washington (15)
Carey (15)
Girard (5)
Goodine (5)

SG:
Carey (17)
Boeheim (15)
Goodine (5)
Girard (3)

SF:
Hughes (30)
Gurrier (10)
Braswell

PF:
Brissett (28)
Dolezaj (5)
Braswell (7)

C:
Sidibe (10)
Dolezaj (18)
JBA (6)
Edwards (6)

Guerrier and Goodine are way too good to only get 10mpg each.

My depth chart based on nothing (mpg)

PG:
Washington (15)
Carey (15)
Girard (5)
Goodine (5)

SG:
Carey (17)
Boeheim (15)
Goodine (5)
Girard (3)

SF:
Hughes (30)
Gurrier (10)
Braswell

PF:
Brissett (28)
Dolezaj (5)
Braswell (7)

C:
Sidibe (10)
Dolezaj (18)
JBA (6)
Edwards (6)

Maybe for the first four or five games, but he's not going to play 4 guys at any particular position after that. You have to build chemistry and continuity and that's too many guys at too many different spots. You cause confusion, especially on defense, with all those substitutions.

Hughes at the 1, Guerrier at the 2, Dolezaj at the 3, Braswell at the 4, and Ajak at the 5. Sure we’ll suck on offense, but imagine the LENGTH in the ZONE!!
Haha -- but a lineup of Washington, GG3, Hughes, Guerrier and MD isn't the answer either. We're 256th in scoring but even worse - 274th - in rebounding! So obviously we need improvement across the board ... not just on offense.

Last edited:
I don't see any seniors - so this is potentially our roster for the next two seasons?

Centres:
- Bol Ajak
- Edwards
- Sidibe

Forwards:
- Brissett (if he stays)
- Hughes
- Dolejay
- Braswell

Guards:
- Carey
- Boeheim
- Girard
- Guerrier
- Goodine
- Washington (?)

Obviously some players are interchangeable to other positions. That's 13 Scholarship players. Have I screwed up somewhere?

Tale of the scale

215lbs. - 6-6 hughes
210lbs. - 6-8 oshae
205lbs. - 6-11 jba***
205lbs. - 6-10 bourama
190lbs. - 6-10 edwards
190lbs. - 6-7 guerrier
188lbs. - 6-5 buddy
184lbs. - 6-9 braswell
180lbs. - 6-3 washington
180lbs. - 6-10 marek
170lbs. - 6-4 goodine
170lbs. - 6-2 jgiii
168lbs. - 6-3 carey

*** Seen it suggested that JBA is up to 240, but Westtown doesn't list weights and I couldn't find anything to support more than 205.
can't find it on a cursory search, but there were articles from jba's senior season that said he was playing at 230. he certainly looks a lot beefier

Haha -- but a lineup of Washington, GG3, Hughes, Guerrier and MD isn't the answer either. We're 256th in scoring but even worse - 274th - in rebounding! So obviously we need improvement across the board ... not just on offense.

Hopefully what appears to be our strategy of recruiting more offensively skilled players this year pays off in the coming years.

Maybe for the first four or five games, but he's not going to play 4 guys at any particular position after that. You have to build chemistry and continuity and that's too many guys at too many different spots. You cause confusion, especially on defense, with all those substitutions.

Yeah, JB has a very strong history of boiling his rotation down to a max of 8, and on rare occasions 9 guys, by the time Conference play commences.

Just recently, we had MCW nailed to the bench as a Frosh, to go on to shine as a Soph.
Dion was irked he didn’t get the run he thought he deserved as a Frosh (although he started getting more, and was out best player in the NCAA’s that year), came back and killed it as 6th man his Soph year.

So, at most it’ll be 3/4 guards, 3 forwards, 2 centers.

You know how Boeheim do. ;)

Assuming no OSB, then these are the guys you absolutely know will get minutes:
Buddy
Hughes
Marek
Sidibe (if healthy).

It’s a battle royale at the G spot, with Carey, Washington, Goodine, & JGIII fighting for minutes.

I’m going to assume Guerrier plays, he’s too good not to.
So that’s your likely F rotation, with maybe a sprinkling of Bras on oaccasion.

C is Sidibe, Marek, and whichever of the Frosh bigs can earn some run.

Yeah, JB has a very strong history of boiling his rotation down to a max of 8, and on rare occasions 9 guys, by the time Conference play commences.

Just recently, we had MCW nailed to the bench as a Frosh, to go on to shine as a Soph.
Dion was irked he didn’t get the run he thought he deserved as a Frosh (although he started getting more, and was out best player in the NCAA’s that year), came back and killed it as 6th man his Soph year.

So, at most it’ll be 3/4 guards, 3 forwards, 2 centers.

You know how Boeheim do. ;)

Assuming no OSB, then these are the guys you absolutely know will get minutes:
Buddy
Hughes
Marek
Sidibe (if healthy).

It’s a battle royale at the G spot, with Carey, Washington, Goodine, & JGIII fighting for minutes.

I’m going to assume Guerrier plays, he’s too good not to.
So that’s your likely F rotation, with maybe a sprinkling of Bras on oaccasion.

C is Sidibe, Marek, and whichever of the Frosh bigs can earn some run.

I think 3 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 centers is ideal, provided they can all play and there’s some versatility with the guards/forwards.

I think 3 guards, 3 forwards, and 2 centers is ideal, provided they can all play and there’s some versatility with the guards/forwards.

I agree. That's what you play against the ACC lineup - 8 guys. And maybe even only 7 in the NCAAs, if there is enough flexibility among positions that players can play.

Pre-season, the first few games, you play everybody. You have the 2 big games in whatever preseason tournament - then you're down to maybe 9.

Then from then until the end of December, you've got maybe 6 more games, and you get around 10 guys getting their last shot at making the rotation. Guys might have played themselves out of further consideration in those first few games, but usually nothing is set until the end of December.

It’s a battle royale at the G spot
i'm not sure what's going on there or what will happen but i'm sure we'll try different combinations to figure out what works best. else we'll be sleeping on the couch.

I thought Bourama was around 220. On recruiting sites he was listed at 220 and 225. Guess he lost weight before coming here?

Took existing players weights from the roster on the SUAD website. The incoming guys are probably less reliable, took them from ESPN recruiting or 24/7 websites.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom