Amazing read by Julian Whigham | Syracusefan.com

Amazing read by Julian Whigham

agreed - if it gives perspective to one incoming player, it's worth it. I thought it really helped that he was open about how many started and what happened to the class along the way.

I hope they all read it.

Wow. Awesome piece. Should be mandatory reading.

This was an excellent read. Some don't ever get the perspective Julian has, let alone at 22.

This is one time I wish I could disagree with you. Unfortunately, too many never attain his perspective.

the staff should copy this letter, frame it and give it to every player in the incoming class, to hang in their rooms.

Excellent, very well done.

That write up is good advice to all graduating high school students heading to college, not just student-athletes.

An open letter to SU’s incoming recruiting class

Take a look on Troy Nunes is an Absolute Magician! Great perspective and advice to the incoming class.

It's worth the couple minutes.

I for one loved it!
Good stuff.

Hopefully the seniors and juniors on the team are filling this gap, taking the frosh under their wing and helping them make the massive adjustment to college life, living alone, being totally responsible for yourself, etc.

It sounds like that didn't happen for Julian. It happens in programs with a lot of turnover with the coaching staff and the players...

Good stuff.

Hopefully the seniors and juniors on the team are filling this gap, taking the frosh under their wing and helping them make the massive adjustment to college life, living alone, being totally responsible for yourself, etc.

It sounds like that didn't happen for Julian. It happens in programs with a lot of turnover with the coaching staff and the players...

I hope the Jr's and Sr's read this letter too, it can provide as much assistance to them as it can for kids coming in. Many of those players probably knew/know Julian, and many of them would probably nod their head in agreement as they are going through the letter. It might even inspire some to look at what little time they have left on the hill and make the most out of it. Maybe mentor one of the young guys coming in or dedicate some more time to classes or weights, or simply learn how to say "no". Its a great read, for anyone and everyone on the team IMO.