Amazing season-saving shot, viva Gillon, BUT... | Syracusefan.com

Amazing season-saving shot, viva Gillon, BUT...

RF2044

Living Legend
...it almost didn't happen. What the F was the team doing playing slowly after securing that late defensive rebound? Did the players not have a sense of how little time was left?

Thankfully, Gillon pushed it. Last thing I would expect is for him to hit a pull up true jumpshot over three taller defenders.

Glad he was feeling it today. Tonight was his night.

Battle had Gillon like 10 feet away from him and he freakin lobs it over haha. Just glad it somehow worked out

...it almost didn't happen. What the F was the team doing playing slowly after securing that late defensive rebound? Did the players not have a sense of how little time was left?

Thankfully, Gillon pushed it. Last thing I would expect is for him to hit a pull up true jumpshot over three taller defenders.

We were screaming in my house to push the ball up court faster. We were hoping Gillon would attack the rim and either make the layup in transition or get fouled and knock down his free throws. It didn't work out that way, but boy what a fun way to end the night!!

We were screaming in my house to push the ball up court faster. We were hoping Gillon would attack the rim and either make the layup in transition or get fouled and knock down his free throws. It didn't work out that way, but boy what a fun way to end the night!!

That was the Louisville strategy. It did not work. I actually have infinitely more faith in Gillon making an off-balance 3, than any layup.

I had two flashbacks in the matter of seconds. The first one was inbounding the ball against Indiana in '87, the second was Pearl's shot to beat BC.

I have to admit I didn't realize there was as little time as there was. But I guess it doesn't matter if I lose track sitting on my couch.

I thought there was more until he came down with the rebound, then he just held it and lobbed a weird pass to Gillon and that's when I'm like GO GO GO GO GO GO, the rest is history.

It was akward no doubt almost like Battle & Lydon anticipated a timeout. Battle and Gillon then took off like rockets though.

Well they did their darndest to get out of his way. So that was nice.

But Battle sitting on the outlet was one of the wackier moments of the year.

I don't know about everyone else but I feel more comfortable with Gillon with a last second 35 footer than I do with him driving the lane with 7 seconds left on the clock
I agree with this 1000%.

I don't know about everyone else but I feel more comfortable with Gillon with a last second 35 footer than I do with him driving the lane with 7 seconds left on the clock

Agreed. I actually can say that about 3 guys on this team. Let it fly boys.

I think they expected Duke to score, I know I did. We've had some tough luck at times the last three games and that can mess with expectations.

Any way we get the win and I'm good. Better we overcame any mental lapses to win ... maybe even learn from it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom