Amazing Statistics in honor of Coach K | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Amazing Statistics in honor of Coach K

UNC isn’t getting any calls tonight either. Lol
That's the way it works. It's whatchacall a algo-rhythm. It's a Duke/Carolina bias, unless the two teams play each other, then it's Duke, and Carolina second. Then Virginia. Then Louisville. Then someone else. All the way down to us at the bottom.

This Duke Carolina game is nice to watch, though, isn't it?
I'm even finding it hard to hate this duke team. Reminds me of the early Yankees squad that had Jeter and Bernie Williams. Even as a lifetime RedSox fan, i couldn't hate those yankees.

Can't believe K valued his last timeout more than he did an obviously injured student athlete who was laboring in pain for multiple possessions. Actually, I can believe it.

If that was Zion or Barrett he would have called the timeout.

Can't believe K valued his last timeout more than he did an obviously injured student athlete who was laboring in pain for multiple possessions. Actually, I can believe it.

I think it was obvious it was a cramp. How much more injured was he going to get?

Feel free to scour the board to not find posts that assert a "southern" and/or "ACC" bias against us. The "Duke bias" is another thing.
If only there were a way to filter out the "Swofford made a phone call" posts. :rolleyes:

That's the way it works. It's whatchacall a algo-rhythm. It's a Duke/Carolina bias, unless the two teams play each other, then it's Duke, and Carolina second. Then Virginia. Then Louisville. Then someone else. All the way down to us at the bottom.

This Duke Carolina game is nice to watch, though, isn't it?
I'm even finding it hard to hate this duke team. Reminds me of the early Yankees squad that had Jeter and Bernie Williams. Even as a lifetime RedSox fan, i couldn't hate those yankees.
This is why I am boycotting. Sounds like North Carolina actually won the game then.

If you play aggressive defense, with your feet, and don't hack, you don't get called for a lot of fouls. Refs reward active defense. We play zone, so our technique out front is going to be viewed differently. Can't blame Tre Jones for that. Personally, i like the way he plays. Zion? I don't recall seeing Zion committing a lot of uncalled fouls. With all the constant outrage about refereeing on this board, i wonder if it's because we are just seeing the difference between how zone defenders engage with offensive players versus man defenders. It's a different perspective. Refereeing isn't easy, but the screams of bias don't seem particularly appropriate. We have dudes who foul just ridiculously. Marek goes over the back five times per game. Chukwu tries to block everything, and he's not 'super' nimble, and he gets called, maybe just for being awkward. It is what it is. But, somehow, there are complaints of 'ACC bias' even when we're playing Pitt, VTech, and BC. How does that work?
Anything to physically gain an advantage should be a foul so I want to know why an offensive player can use his body to push his way to the basket? If the defensive play blinks an eye and leans backwards, its alright. But let him replant his feet to re-establish his position it's a blocking foul. Zion uses his bulk to push the defense off balance, then it's either give up the position or get a blocking foul. Shaq is considered one of the all time greats and it's because he used his big butt to push guys away. Those should be fouls.

Jones contained White. Colby never made a three in this game. He has gone off from the three for the past month. NC was 4-27 from three and lost by one. Besides Zion, the rest of Duke is pretty average. Barrett only had 15. He has a funky game. Good driver, average shooter, poor defensive player. He can’t guard guys off the dribble. Late in the season his game is starting to get exposed. I don’t think he is a lock for the number two pick. He’s an SU tweaner. He can’t play the three in the NBA and he’s not big or strong enough to play the four. He is good in the open court, which will help him in the NBA. He won’t be able to get his shot off in the NBA against a good perimeter defensive player.