Amazon Fire TV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Amazon Fire TV

It won’t work that way. The cable box only outputs one or so channel at a time. You have to connect the cable box to the TV (usually HDMI is best), switch the tv input to the input you connected the cable box, and then control the channels using the cable box.

You can use the spectrum app as some suggested.
Also as a backup and to watch some bad old TV shows that on secondary channels you can hook up an antenna to the coax, set as over the air and scan for local channels.

I did what is in your first paragraph.

I miss the days when you just plugged one in, connected the antenna and got two good stations and one fuzzy station.
The only station that mattered to me was the one that I could watch Baron Daemon on.

View attachment 223690
This is Bees smart tv

I think I've identified the problem.

Lack of

aluminum-foil-hacks.jpg

Well, we got it all set up. Everyone survived the process. Even got something called “Prime.” I’m thinking it must be a beef related cooking show. I’ll have to check into that.

Now… What the hell is a “Sound Bar”? I’ve got a bad feeling it has nothing to do with beer.

I have never seen anything like that before. Did that come with the TV or was it something you could buy separately and hook to the TV.

If you were a cable subscriber in the 70's-80's, that was the cable box.

There was a huge brown box which sat on the TV, and about 15-20' of cable which connected it to the "remote" pictured above.

And if you pushed in two buttons at once, you could listen to HBO.

If you were a cable subscriber in the 70's-80's, that was the cable box.

The was a huge brown box which sat on the TV, and about 15-20' of cable which connected it to the "remote" pictured above.

And if you pushed in two buttons at once, you could listen to HBO.
Palermo didn't get cable until around 1990, so I never got to experience that.