American Idol | Syracusefan.com

American Idol

moqui

generational talent
I have watched every season of the show and have enjoyed all of them to varying degrees. I did not like the judges the last two seasons, and was fully expecting to abandon the show when Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were named as the new judges.

Instead, I like the show better than ever. I am not a fan of her music, but I think Nicki is the best judge the show has ever had, and Urban is a very good #2. The singing talent is still there, but Minaj is the real star of the show - hers is an electric and commanding presence.

Just my opinion; I wonder what others think of the new season.

I watch because my wife watches. If she didn't, I wouldn't. Having said that, I don't think the show has been the same since Simon left. I can't stand Mariah (me, Me, ME) Carey. Randy's act is getting old. Keith Urban seems as if he's just along for the ride, although he did talk more last night than I think he had the entire season combined. I still can't figure out Minaj - every time I think she can't get more obnoxious, she says something insightful or endearing. If she could fix the bipolar quality, I could warm to her. Not counting on it though.

I watch because my wife watches. If she didn't, I wouldn't. Having said that, I don't think the show has been the same since Simon left. I can't stand Mariah (me, Me, ME) Carey. Randy's act is getting old. Keith Urban seems as if he's just along for the ride, although he did talk more last night than I think he had the entire season combined. I still can't figure out Minaj - every time I think she can't get more obnoxious, she says something insightful or endearing. If she could fix the bipolar quality, I could warm to her. Not counting on it though.
I have watched sporadically. When NM did about a whole show in a British accent, she won me over.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I have watched every season of the show and have enjoyed all of them to varying degrees. I did not like the judges the last two seasons, and was fully expecting to abandon the show when Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Keith Urban were named as the new judges.

Instead, I like the show better than ever. I am not a fan of her music, but I think Nicki is the best judge the show has ever had, and Urban is a very good #2. The singing talent is still there, but Minaj is the real star of the show - hers is an electric and commanding presence.

Just my opinion; I wonder what others think of the new season.

Could not tolerate either Mariah or Nicki and ended up giving up on it this year. Would seem I am not alone as every week there seems to be a new report of all time low numbers for the show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom