Amid All the Excitment...We've Ignored Phil Jackson Giving Melo Worst Insult Ever | Syracusefan.com

Amid All the Excitment...We've Ignored Phil Jackson Giving Melo Worst Insult Ever

I think that anyone who goes to the Knicks in a coaching or front office position automatically gets dumber. It's like a blackhole for smart. I think it reflects poorly on the owner. Dolan would be better off hiring some up and comers and let the old guard live out their days on a farm somewhere upstate. But that's not his style, so the Knicks will continue to suck.

Phil Jackson has long been the most overrated piece of crap in the NBA. He deserves a lot of credit for being able to manage the best talent in the game on some of those teams, which isn't easy, but is overrated in virtually every other respect. He's an unmitigated disaster as a GM, and isn't doing anything to turn NY around -- he's contributing heavily to the dysfunction that hangs over that franchise like a black cloud.

Melo will get traded, and go on to have a successful end to his career elsewhere. Meanwhile, the Knicks will cut off their nose to spite their face, get very little in return, and end up being worse in the long run.

Jackson is a pompous a-hole. He took the job because Dolan threw $10 mil a year at him. he doesn't want the gig, he acts like he doesn't want the gig. He is trying to make Melo miserable so that he waives his no trade, but meanwhile Zen Master is killing Melo's trade value, and at $30 mil a year he is a hard player to move as is.

Phil inherited a total mess when he arrived. he has done some good things, probably the three best were drafting KP, trading for and drafting Hermangomez, and holding on to draft picks.

He has also, of course, had some bad moves, maybe the worst being the Noah contract.

However, I simply do not understand the Melo-drama that he has created. Melo is what he is, but that being said he is still their best player. Furthermore, there is no way due to Melo's no trade clause, the limitations in Melo's game, and his contract that Phil is going to get close to equal value for Melo. So all of Phil's picking on Melo simply makes no sense.

I admit that I had thought Phil had assembled a playoff team talent wise going into the seaosn and the only issue would be health. Well, the team has been reasonably healthy, but the talent hasn't meshed. I really don't blame Phil for that as the roster did look good on paper, in turn, Phil should not be trying to blame Melo. Meanwhile, the guy who really is the one who failed to put it all together (Hornacek) gets the teflon treatment. It is a ridiculous sceneio.

Melo has displayed class and restraint throughout what must be an ordeal for him. Phil needs to back off hard or else get Melo somewhere that he might want to be.

I go back and forth on Melo. On one hand, I truly want to see him get out of there, play for a contender, and even win a title while he's still a key player.

The other spiteful part of me wants to see him veto any trade attempts just to stick it to Phil. Go full Costanza like when he worked for Play Now Sports and they wanted him to quit because they busted him faking being handicapped. Crawling through the vents to get to his office, stealing the keys to the private bathroom, ignoring their requests to buy him out like "see, if I stay the whole time, I get all the money!". I actually kinda want Melo to block Phil's "rebuilding attempts" just to piss him off.

But ultimately, getting traded for pennies on the dollar and winning it all would probably be the best, while the Knicks get garbage for him and nobody wants to sign there after the BS Phil pulled and they're stuck with a not ready and frustrated and overwhelmed KP and Kyle O'quinn carrying them to 17-65 seasons.

Apparently Oakley has said Dolan has not been very welcoming to him so I guess he let Dolan know how he felt. The circus that never leaves town...

I heard somewhere that Jackson hasn't shown up to a combine or gone anywhere to scout any potential player/draft pick. That's bad.

I heard somewhere that Jackson hasn't shown up to a combine or gone anywhere to scout any potential player/draft pick. That's bad.

He has completely mailed it in, not that I have any sympathy for Dolan, but he is robbing him blind.

Jackson is a pompous a-hole. He took the job because Dolan threw $10 mil a year at him. he doesn't want the gig, he acts like he doesn't want the gig. He is trying to make Melo miserable so that he waives his no trade, but meanwhile Zen Master is killing Melo's trade value, and at $30 mil a year he is a hard player to move as is.
A Zen master in the way Steve Jobs was.

:vomit: